Come dance to bring a smile to the children affected by cancer in Haiti.
With a lineup of awesome licensed instructors, we will be raising funds for a Foundation caring for children in Haiti.
On the lineup:
Jessica Conze Bernadotte
And yours truly Marylin Laurent
Party starts: 3:30pm
We are also accepting toys, coloring books and crayons for the children.
Bring your friends, bring your family!
Awesome prizes will be raffled.
FHACI, "THE HAITIAN CHILDHOOD FOUNDATION AGAINST CANCER" is a young entity that exists since October 2014. Formed by doctors and other professionals from diverse backgrounds, it intends to bring a glimmer of hope to small cancer patients from Haiti. The necessity of forming a such Foundation arose from the growing number of cases of cancers detected in general, children in particular, in recent years.
To date, no data is available on the Haitian reality of childhood cancer. Care providers are not really trained for this support; means of diagnosis are expensive and limited, the public is poorly informed on the subject apart from the affected families. This makes the task even more difficult because the listed cases are mostly diagnosed too late. The support is often very difficult, the prognosis, resulting in a high mortality rate. However, if they are diagnosed early, most of these childhood cancers have a survival rate and a very favorable prognosis, thanks to the new protocols of treatment. Even the most complex can be mastered and applied through the deployment of strategies.
The mission of FHACI:
Help Haitian families to support children with cancer
The objectives of FHACI:
1. Engage, educate as many people as possible in relation to childhood cancer.
2. Achieve free laboratory tests, imaging (radiography, sonography, CT scan...), surgery and biopsies, pathology examinations to make early detection of childhood cancer and to facilitate the support.
3. Contribute to the treatment of surgery and chemotherapy for children with the provision of anticancer drugs and supportive care (antibiotics, antivirals, antifungals, etc...).
4. Dispose of a reserve stock of all medicines needed for an effective and appropriate action.
5. Improve the comfort of sick children and ensure that they receive food specific to their condition.
6. Provide full, psychological and emotional support to children and their parents.
7. Create a space of accommodation for parents, especially those from provinces.
8. Acquire educational materials and do fun activities in order to assist the children and their families to maintain morale.
9. Organize scientific congress and all other activities to supervise medical staff in the care of the children with cancer.
10. Increase the number of patients in the future.
11. Establish a law to protect the rights of children to health (with insurance for treatments)
We are seeking the support of all to help us achieve these goals. Different fundraising activities are planned. Partnerships with local and international entities are also underway.
Join our cause by attending our next fundraising event on May 17. Sick and destitute children really need from your support!
You want to become a member of the FHACI or make periodic donations? Contact - us: