Cardiff World Naked Bike Ride 2015 http://wiki.worldnakedbikeride.org/index.php?title=Cardiff
The Cardiff ride is part of the global World Naked Bike Ride protests (wiki.worldnakedbikeride.org) and will take place on Sunday June 7th 2015.
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW.
The route will take in a varied part of our city, including the Civic Centre, the city centre area, Cardiff Bay including the Senydd building and will terminate with a loop through park land.
This year we will be starting and finishing the ride at the same place, Y Mochyn Du pub in Sophia Gardens. This is a 5 minute cycle ride from both the city centre, and the university and is very easy to find. Please click on map link.
There may be facility for people to leave bags/clothes AT YOUR OWN RISK at the pub during the duration of the ride.
Please meet outside the pub and adjoining land from 13:45 for bike and body preparation. The ride is scheduled to depart from this location at 15:00hrs. Body painting can be done here, in addition to adding flags and banners to bikes.
Please bring bells, horns, whistles. This year we will also have portable sound system accompanying us on the ride!
A few pointers:
• There are usually a number of people happy to lend a hand in body painting, but if you have paints or are willing to get some, please do.
• There are A4 sized 'posters' than can be downloaded from http://wiki.worldnakedbikeride.org/index.php?title=London_preparation#Bike_decoration - please print those and attach to your bike.
• This is a good natured and friendly event.. many people describe it as having a 'carnival like' atmosphere despite its serious message.
• It is called the World Naked Bike Ride but you do not have to be fully naked if you do not want to be. The more who do go bare, the stronger our message is, but 'As Bare as You Dare'. is the theme. From past experience we have seen that many people start out partly dressed but somehow end up disrobing completely en route!
• Please spread the word among your friends. The more people in the protest, the better the impact will be. Invite them through Facebook.
• Being naked in public in Britain is not against the law. (It's just what you do while naked that matters!)
• Fancy dress/masks also welcome!
• It will be a day you will NEVER forget!
This global protest is designed to highlight the vulnerability of cyclists against traffic in cities, offering the naked body as a contrast against high powered metal machines. Its aim is to create an awareness of this vulnerability and point out both the inadequate provision for safe cycling and an over reliance of cars in our city centres. It can also be viewed as a celebration of our bodies.