WEIRD VIBES is back for another installment, this time with TEN ACTS.
Saturday, May 16th, 2015
3pm to 9pm.
Absolutely free, although donations are encouraged to help with traveling expenses. Vibes will be having some HUGE DEALS so bring some spending money too. There will also be a CLOTHING SWAP from 3 to 6pm! (see below for more info)
Here are the people playing (in alphabetical order):
The LIVE DEBUT of a freaky solo electronic project from Vibes employee ABBY HART (Mr. Clit & the Pink Cigarettes)
New kid on the block bringing some rock. Spaulding is more than just the name on basketballs.
---El Camaron Electronico & Melt-Face---
A MEETING OF THE MINDS from two electronic DJ's who currently have a brand new create-your-own-adventure comic/coloring book.
Bang on a Can All-Star DEREK JOHNSON is back for another dose of Weird Vibes after closing our last full-day show with a mesmerizing and beautiful set.
---Friar Sonny und Die Belgier Shocka Schokolades---
Weird Vibes co-founder SONNY BLOOD (Apache Dropout, Exploding Head Scene) and special guests on a vision quest.
MFT kingpin JON ROGERS (Everything, Now!) will be RELEASING a brand new TAPE. Word is that this new album will only be available at Weird Vibes 5!
JORMA WHITTAKER (Marmoset) promises to provide a warped set with more pedals and attitude than usual during this solo performance.
This new-wave/industrial monster from BLOOMINGTON has recently morphed into a full 4-piece band, and they are going to make the sky rain blood.
Featuring members of Doberman from LAFAYETTE, Rev//Rev vow to give a loose, anything-goes performance fresh off releasing a new tape in April.
A solo sound art set from John Collins McCormick!
The schedule (subject to change):
Brandon Spaulding 3:30
Blood Moon 4
Jorma Whittaker 4:30
Derek Johnson 5
Golden Moses 5:30
El Camaron Electronico & Melt-Face 6:30
Ray Creature 7
Friar Sonny und Die Belgier Shocka Schokolades 8
INFO ON THE SWAP:
Swap starts at 3pm sharp, taking place outside, as long as its nice.
• Guys and girls (clean) clothing and accessories welcome!
• PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE drop it off to Vibes beforehand (any day that week before) in a bag(s) CLEARLY LABELED with your name & either an email address or phone number on it. You can also email Sara at email@example.com to arrange drop off.
• You CAN drop your stuff off during the swap hours, but there will be a $3 processing charge.
• Clothing will be evaluated and you will be given a point value. Clothing style and condition will be taken into consideration. You can then "shop" with these points.
• The swap occurs on a first-come-first-serve basis, and as people bring more items, the crazier it gets!
• More Super Magical Rock N Roll Clothing Swap info/photos/etc : @[NjQyMTgzOTU5MjA4MTA3Omh0dHBcYS8vbHV4YW5kaXZ5LmNvbS9ibG9ncy9uZXdzLzE4MTA1MDc2LXN1cGVyLW1hZ2ljYWwtcm9jay1uLXJvbGwtY2xvdGhpbmctc3dhcHM6Og==:@[NjQyMTgzOTU5MjA4MTA3Omh0dHBcYS8vbHV4YW5kaXZ5LmNvbS9ibG9ncy9uZXdzLzE4MTA1MDc2LXN1cGVyLW1hZ2ljYWwtcm9jay1uLXJvbGwtY2xvdGhpbmctc3dhcHM6Og==:http://luxandivy.com/blogs/news/18105076-super-magical-rock-n-roll-clothing-swaps]]