VOTE & RE-ELECT GORDON C. THAYER
The Right Choice!
Lac Courte Oreilles Tribal Governing Board
A proven leader and Veteran with years of experience to serve the Tribe. I choose not to receive a salary while on the Governing Board. My benchmarks or “Foot Prints” in retrospect demonstrate strong focused results oriented leadership.
• WOJB – The Boys & Girls Club – LCO Ojibwe Community College – New Veterans Memorial
• Improved Elder Services with building renovation, kitchen equipment, furniture and Bus with lift
• Launched the “Mission Possible” Tribal Turn Around Plan with positive financial results.
• Established the Lac Courte Oreilles Business Council to grow and strengthen our businesses.
• Facilitated the development of the Elder Advisory Council and LCO Youth Council, New Post Basketball Court renovation project. Safety Center Basket Ball & Volley Ball Court lighting
• Established the Employee of the Quarter Award and new Tribal Webpage and Newsletter. Police department building renovation project
2015 and Beyond:
• I support mandatory drug screening starting with the leaders. Not just the casino employees.
• Develop a comprehensive action plan with the financial resources to get people treatment. Launch an Employee Assistance initiatives not job termination. Work on a Tribal in-patient Recovery Program
• Create opportunities for job development and training, small business development for tribal members
• Assist the expansion and coordinating of resources throughout the tribe’s education spectrum.
• Work to promote new housing initiatives, home ownership, Supportive Housing for at-risk families.
• Advocate for promoting Healthy Family initiatives with adequate funds to supporting our existing services.