Available as a six week segment, Wednesday nights from 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm, this workshop will be dedicated solely to the exploring of creative possibilities in any and all photographic situations.
In my experience as a working professional, I have found that having a technical understanding of your camera is commonplace in the professional world. More than having an ability to light and compose, it is the creativity and imagination of the photographer that gives that person an edge in a highly competitive market. As well, if one is able to produce outstanding results with little-to-no budget, this makes that person even more desirable to potential clients.
It should be noted, however, that this is NOT a workshop geared towards professionals alone. Creative thinking is a topic relevant to photographers of all walks of life, and it is my intent to help students of all different backgrounds discover fresh ways to unlock their creative potential.
There will be no egos here. Instead, we will work as a class to build shoots up from point A to point B... with the finished result being a reflection of all the hard work invested.
Below I have listed some additional information on the workshop. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to answer them for you.
30 Cutler St, Warren, RI, 02885
$50 per class, 6 classes in total
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION:
- Playing it safe vs. taking chances
- Chances lead to discovery
- Exploring ALL options
- Letting ideas flow freely (brainstorming without interruption from self)
- Mood/positive thinking
- Preparation/putting yourself in a position to succeed
- Plans B, C, D, E and F
- The importance of having a unique style in a competitive market
- Understanding your market
- Not, “putting all your eggs in one basket”
- Idea board submissions
- Plan of action submissions
- Assembling props/materials for shoots
- Editing in-class photos
- 6 WEEK CLASS FINAL: Producing ONE unique image based on a set concept, decided class 2.