Join your fellow runners to train on the VCHM race course.
~ Training run #4 -- Sunday, May 31 @ 8:00 a.m.
~ All training runs will begin and end at Marvin Braude Mulholland Gateway Park. 8:00 is “run time”; arrive early to “meet and greet”.
~ 3600 Reseda Blvd., Tarzana, CA.
~ The park is approximately 4-miles from the 101 at the south most end of Reseda Blvd.
~ Enter the park and parallel park curbside BELOW THE LINE painted in the street (free parking). Parking above the line is by fee only.
~ Meet in the street, below the yellow line, at approx. 7:45AM.
~ Lock your vehicle and do not leave valuables exposed.
~ Please NOTE THE 2-WAY PHOTO ENFORCED STOP SIGN inside the park; no rolling stops.
RUNNER INSTRUCTIONS AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK:
· There is no run leader and there are no course markings.
· CAUTION: "You are running at your own risk”. Trail Run Events, LLC assumes no liability for your safety during these runs. Lost or injured runners may require Search & Rescue to evacuate from the training course and the runner assumes full financial responsibility for rescue.
· Option #1 – Go up to Mulholland fire road and turn right (going west); run approx. 3.5 miles to the west end turn-around at Alhama Drive (street sign on your right); return the same way (approx. 7 miles).
· Option #2 – Go up to Mulholland fire road and turn left (going east); run approx. 3.0 miles to the east end turn0around at San Vicente fire gate; return the same way (approx. 6-miles).
· Option #3 – Run both of the above options for 13.1 miles.
· NOTE: Pay attention to the junction at the top of Reseda at Mulholland fire road. You need to be sure you recognize this hub to get back to the parking, otherwise you might miss it and get “bonus miles”. Note: there is a newly installed information board at the Reseda/Mulholland hub.
· To view a map of the race course go to : http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/15615104. You will need to create an account to view.