TDRC Outdoor Shows Schedule
Dates & Entries 2015
Indoor Show Coombe Park Sunday 12th April
Open Show Sunday 17th May
TARRA & SWPA Qualifier
Open Show Sunday 23rd August
TARRA & SWPA Qualifier
Open Dressage Coombe Park Sunday 15th November
Open Show Jumping Coombe Park Sunday 13th December
All the above OUTDOOR shows are held at Rowes Farm Stoke Gabriel, Nr Totnes TQ9 6PX
Ticket System for Outdoor Show Entries
Please buy from secretary. No ticket no entry.
Fees: Members advanced entries £4.00
Members entries on field £4.50
Non members advanced £5.00
Non members on field £5.50
Plus £2.00 per competitor for first aid and a £1.00 refundable deposit for competitor number.
Shows advanced entries must be received at least two days prior to the show.
No telephone entries
Entries to Victoria Hamlyn-White 48 Glebelands Buckfastleigh, Devon TQ11 0BJ
All cheques made payable to Torbay and District Riding Club
In the event of bad weather please contact 07890067730 or 07749234832
Membership is £12.00 for the year, forms are available from the secretary.
At the two outdoor shows points are awarded to the members in all classes, i.e 6 points for 1st, 5 for 2nd etc. At the end of the season these points are added up and the member with the most points will revive a trophy & rosette at our awards evening.
To qualify for end of year trophies you must have a minimum of 30 membership points. It is the members responsibility to get their membership card signed and to sign the secretary's list at all non-comp events.
Points will be awarded as follows
Setting up show field or stewarding for half a day 10 points
Stewarding for whole day 20 points
Dismantling of the show field 10 points
Other people can do these jobs to gain points for a junior member!
Please insure that you read the rules at the back of the schedule for your safety and ours. Thank you.
SOUTH WEST PONY ASSOCIATION CHAMPIONSHIPS
This show is a qualifier for the South West Pony Association Championships
to be held in September 2016,
at The David Broome Event Centre, Crick, Gwent..
To qualify for the Championships:
1. Enter one of the qualifying classes that are marked with an *
2. Be one of the two highest placed exhibits not already qualified within the first four and receive
a qualification card signed in the ring.
3. Complete the entry form on the qualification card.
4. Return the card to together with any registration fees due within 14 days of this show.
2015 RoR Riding Club Challenge
Running for the second year and gathering momentum the 2015 RoR Riding Club Challenge award
RoR rosette to the highest points scoring ex racehorse on the day at all club events.
To be eligible to win the RoR Challenge rosette, your horse must be RoR registered please refer to RoR website www.ror.org.uk
TARRA Racehorse Qualifiers
To qualify for the championships horses must comply with TARRA rules. A copy of these rules will be available in the secretary’s caravan
Ring 1 Main Ring
Clear round jumping from 9.30am to 10.30am. Pay at ringside £2.50 a round. You must collect a number and pay your first aid at the caravan prior to jumping.
Last entry 10.15am
Ring 1 Show Jumping
Classes start 11am
1. 2'-2'3 Open
2. 2'3 -2'6 Open
3. Novelty Jumping (class type announced on the day)
Lunch Break 30 mins
4. 2'6 Open Jumping
5. 2'9 Open Jumping
6. 3' -3'3 Open Jumping
Clear round from 9am to 10am. Pay at ringside £2.50 a round. You must collect a number and pay your first aid at the caravan prior to jumping.
Classes start 10am
7. *3" Open Working Hunter
8. 2'6" Open Working Hunter ex 13.hh not ex 15.hh
9. 2'3" Novice Working Hunter ex 14.hh not to have won a working hunter class.
10. *2'3" Mountain & Moorland Working Hunter
11. 2" Novice Working Hunter not ex 14.hh not to have won a working hunter class.
12. *2" Open Working Hunter
13. *1'6" Cradle Stakes Working Hunter not ex 12.2hh rider 10yrs & under, may be led
(Ring will be cleared of jumps as soon as ring finishes 5 non competitive points to all members that help)
14. Best Turned Out Open lead reins allowed
15. *Lead Rein Pony not ex 12.2hh rider 8yrs & under
16. *First Ridden Pony not ex 12.2hh rider 10yrs & under
17. Best Pony 12.2hh & under rider any age NO lead reins
18. Best Pony ex 12.2hh not ex 14.2hh
19. Suitability Lead Rein 10yrs & Under
20. Show Hunter Pony not ex 13.hh
21. Show Hunter Pony ex 13.hh not ex 15.hh
22. *Mountain & Moorland Lead Rein
23. Most Handsome Gelding
24. Prettiest Mare
25. Best Tail
26. Pony Judge would most like to take home
27. *Child Handler 15yrs & Under
28. Unregistered Mountain & Moorland type in hand or ridden
29. True First Ridden Pony not ex 13.hh (snaffles only)
30. Grass Kept Ridden
1st & 2nd placed in classes 23-30 are eligible for ring championship. Champion & Reserve in this ring are NOT eligible for supreme championship.
AM Ridden Horses
31. *Ridden Arab Pure Part or Anglo
32. *Ridden Veteran 15 Years & Over
33. *Ridden Coloured to Include piebald, Skewbald, Tri, Spotted & Palomino
34. *Riding Horse/Hack
35. *Ridden Ex Racehorse (must have raced)
36. *Ridden Hunter to exceed 15.hh
37. *Ridden Cob
38. *Small Breed Mountain & Moorland (must be registered with respective breed society) no lead reins
39. *Large Breed Mountain & Moorland (must be registered with respective breed society)
40. Part Bred Mountain & Moorland lead reins allowed
41. Riding Club Pony (will include a jump) lead reins allowed.
42. Riding Club Horse/Pony rider 16yrs plus (will include a jump)
43. Suitability 12yrs & under
44. Suitability 13yrs & over
AM In Hand
Native ponies to be shown in natural state
Large Breeds- Welsh section C-D, New Forest, Highland, Fell, Dales and Connemara
Small Breeds- Welsh A-B, Shetland, Dartmoor and Exmoor
45. Best Turned Out Open
46. *Ex Racehorse (must have raced)
47. 1,2,3 Yr Old Open
48. *Competition Type Open
49. *Small Breed Mountain & Moorland (must be registered with respective breed society)
50. *Large Breed Mountain & Moorland (must be registered with respective breed society)
51. Part Bred Mountain & Moorland
52. *Coloured to include Piebald, Skewbald, Tri, Spotted & Palomino
53. *Arab Pure Part or Anglo
54. *Best Hunter Hack or Riding Horse ex 14.2hh
55. *Best Show/Riding/Hunter Pony not ex 14.2hh
56. *Veteran 15yrs & Over
Champions & reserve champions from all eligible rings can come forward for the supreme championship it will be held when all showing classes have finished. Rosettes awarded to Supreme Champion, Reserve Supreme Champion.
TDRC RULES FOR COMPETITORS AND SPECTATORS
All competitors and spectators shall hold the organisers TDRC and the landowners blameless and indemnify them against any legal proceedings ensuing from any kind of accident, loss or damage to horse/pony, rider, spectator, vehicle, dog or property.
Any objection must be made in writing to the secretary within 30 minutes and with a £10 deposit, refundable if objection upheld.
The judges decision is final - any competitor or spectator arguing with a judge may be asked to leave the showground and will be banned from the club for the rest of the season.
It is compulsory for any mounted persons under 18yrs to wear a hard hat to current British standard BSI EN1384 or PAS015 (kite marked) this rule also applies to under 12yrs showing in hand.
We strongly recommend that body protectors be worn when jumping.
Any animal the committee deems to be in an unfit state will be ask to leave the show field.
No cantering or galloping outside the rings or in the lorry park. Competitors must leave the ring at walk, competitors not obeying this rule may be asked to leave and no refund be given.
No warming up in showing rings, warm up areas only
Stallions and colts are permitted on the field by prior arrangement but on the understanding that you may be asked to leave by the committee if they are behaving in an unsuitable manner.
All competitors must be correctly dressed for the classes they are in.
Competitors will be banned for mistreatment of any animal, no refund will be given.
Defra may require competitors to produce their horses passport at any time.
Members must have paid their subscription before entering any class for points to count towards trophies or members awards.
Members must produce their ownmembership card in the ring to qualify for any points, trophies or members rosettes.
To qualify for points the competitor must be the member.
No competitor number = NO entry into the ring.
No refund will be given for unused tickets, these can be used at the next outdoor show for that SEASON only.
No class tickets can be used at INDOOR SHOWS.
Disabled parking only by rings by prior agreement with the secretary all other cars to be parked in the lorry park.
All trophies, gala and presentation are held for one season and must be returned by the date labelled on them, and must be returned in good clean condition.
No new memberships will be issued after the July show.
Any breach of the above rules will invalidate all entries for the remainder of the day, no refund will be given.