Do you remember Mystery Science Theater 3000? We do and we have recruited some of the very best acting talent in Ojai AND Ventura County to revisit the fun.
Our very own Hollywood superstar Richard Kuhlman has spent minutes going through a library of old movies and picked out the ones with which, we can seriously mess.
Rick has spent cents of his own money convincing talent to spend countless seconds rewriting the original dialogue along the basis of his suggestions (which, probably took many, many moments) and then to time their scripts to the clips for the maximum ego boosting laughter.
Night of The New Dawn (which, we are rather cleverly holding on a Sunday because, well, what the heck else are you doing on a Sunday night? And, it's the Day after Red Nose Day) will last about 2 hours (including an intermission where you can slam a couple of beers/wine/shots/ erm, sorry, waters and grab a few very unhealthy and fattening treats.
Here's the deal:
1. Entry is only $10 (pay more if you want).
2. Entry with 2 drink tickets is $20. Add as many drink tickets as you want for $5 a pop. Treat a friend!
3. Drinks purchased by just showing up at intermission (or, even during the show) and demanding to be served will cost $6 unless you are adjudged to deserve the 'jackass tax', in which case they will cost $7...possibly more. It really depends on who is serving.
4. Tips not included.
5. Foody things will cost what whatever we decide we can squeeze out of you.
6. Cash or Checks only. Checks made payable to Dawn Rosa and notated 'Night of the New Dawn"
All of the proceeds (and, tips) from the entire night will go to Dawn Rosa.
So, laugh, drink, eat, and feel good about feeling bad the following day.
Big thanks to OYES who have donated their space and people.
If we need to add a second showing we will!