We have a special opportunity to set sail on the Tallship Koreanna in the southern edges of Korea island hopping, swimming, diving off the boat, and camping out on the docks having a sweet time. This is one of the best trips we offer.
We have the same trip one week later.
ABOUT THE KOREANA
1. Koreana is 41 meters (134 ft) long and weigh 136 tons.
2. It was made in the Netherlands in 1983.
3. It came to Korea in 1995 and restored.
4. The ship is not a spacious cruise ship like but more like a training vessel for sailors. But there is lots of places on deck to sit and lie down and hangout in as the breeze keeps you cool.
5. There are various places you can sleep such as bunk beds and reclining chair.
7. One of the great things about a tall ship cruise is that you can do diving off the ship. We plan to do as much jumping off the boat diving and swimming as we can out in the blue seas!^^
POINTS OF INTEREST
1. Sa-Do Island: Sa Do is a unique island with footprints of dinosaurs that marched there. The foot prints are 84 meters long (about 300 feet). Also there are fossilized remains of a tree that was there 100 million years ago. This is also where we plan to stay overnight.
2. Gae-Do Island: There is a makgeolli factory. We can get off on the island and head over to the makgeolli factory for a quick tour. We will get a case of makgeolli for some fresh makgeolli tasting.^^ And lots of jumping and swimming in the area.
3. Ha Hwa Do Island: There is a wild flower hiking trail, so bring your sneakers.
BACON BURGER DINNER
Do you like Bacon Burgers? We wanna know how you like to have your burger:
How many bacon or cheese?
Two patties or two burgers?
Single Cheese or Double?
Onions grilled or fresh? Tomatoes, Jalepenios, Eggs? Let us know how you like your burger and we will prepare for it.
For vegetarians we will make a batch of vegetarian chili and have melted shredded cheddar cheese over buns.
Breakfast will be available on the ship both mornings.
1. Toasted Bagels with Cream Cheese
3. Brewed Coffee and Tea and Hot Choco
We will take sandwich materials to make sandwiches for lunch both days.
Ham and Cheese or Peanut Butter and Jelly. We will also take some Korean ramen and big pot to make some Korean ramen.
11:00PM Depart Banwoldang Station Exit #11 (Daegu)
12:30AM Depart Sasang Station Exit #3 (Busan)
1:00AM Masan or Changwon Pickup Possible
3:30AM Arrive Harbor, Rest in Bus
(CU Convenience Store nearby)
8:00AM Board Boat
9:00AM Set Sail
Island Hopping at Makgeoli Island of Gaedo
Sa-Do Dino Island
7PM Bacon Burger Dinner
11:00AM Hwa-Do Island
3:00PM Arrive Marina, Depart
If you cannot meet with us at a pickup location you can meet us at the harbor. Email us to discuss what might be the best way to get there if you are not too familiar with bus schedules.
The basic cost is 195,000 won if you make your deposit on or before 5//20 and includes:
1. Tall Ship Cruise for 2 Days
2. Round Trip Private Bus to Marina
3. Breakfast for both days
4. Lunch for both days
5. Bacon Burger Dinner
6. Gaedo Makgeolli Tasting
7. Trip Leaders
After 5/20, the basic cost of this trip will be 199,000 won.
Add or deduct to the basic cost the following options:
1. Add 10,000 won a person to rent a 2 or 4 person tent. (Add 10,000 won per person as a deposit which will be returned when the tent is returned in same condition)
2. Subtract 25,000 won if you will meet us at the Marina. (This discount is limited to 10 people maximum. Check with us to see if this discount is still available)
3,000 KRW discount for each person of a group of 5 to 9.
5,000 KRW discount to each person of a group of 10 or more.
To Qualify: The group leader must submit all names by email, from which point all deposits must be received within 24 hours.
FREQUENT TRAVELER DISCOUNT
1,000 KRW discount for having attended 1 or 2 trips.
3,000 KRW discount for having attended 3 or 4 trips.
5,000 KRW discount for having attended 5 to 9 trips.
10,000 KRW discount for having attended 10 or more trips.
To Qualify: List all of your previous trips in your deposit info email.
The captain says it can be a bit warm down below depending on the weather and can be cramped. They are not all bunk beds but some are reclining chairs and some are just areas where you can lie down like on a bench seat. So most people prefer to sleep outdoors and pitch tents. You can rent our tents. (bring your own blankets since skipper will not allow blankets in the ship below to be taken above) You may want to bring your own rolling mat if you have one.
6. The ship has sleeping spaces to cover 40 people underneath. The maximum capacity is 60 people.
In order to get back 20,000 won deposit, show us the condition of the tent at the beginning and then show it to us also at the end so that we can confirm that you are returning the tent in the same condition. If this is not done, then you may not get the deposit and you may keep the tent.
THINGS TO BRING
Sleeping bag and tent if you plan to sleep outside
Plastic Bag to store wet clothing or shoe
You can buy drinks at the GS25 store at dock
THINGS TO KNOW
1. For meals we try to guess the right amount to bring but depending on which item is more popular certain items may be all gone so please get to the meal sooner than later for more selection.
2. The ship cruising schedule depends on factors such as weather and sea tides. The captain reserves the right to change course as required but we will make every effort to stay on course and on schedule.
And don't bother with hassle of trying to convince a friend to go. Many people sign up by themselves and make new long lasting friends. Great trips do that!^^
SIGN UP PROCEDURE
(1) Send all inquiries to: WHENINKOREA@GMAIL.COM and be sure to check wall post notifications by trip hosts for any changes and updates before departure.
(2) DEPOSIT TO:
Kookmin Bank (KB) 국민은행
Cho, William (조윌리엄)
BANK CODE: 04
Paypal amount will be the amount in won divided by 1000. So as an example if it says 95,000 won then its $95 USD for paypal amount. USD only please. We are using 1000 won because Paypal charges 3% and then there are wire transfer charges to bring funds to Korea and then there are exchange rate charges as well. We prefer Korean won deposits.
(3) With the trip title as your subject line, please email WHENINKOREA@GMAIL.COM with the following details after you make your deposit.
NAME (FIRST NAME LAST NAME):
MIDDLE NAME (if you have it for your bank account)
NAME OF TRIP:
TRIP DEPARTURE DATE:
CELL PHONE #:
WHERE WILL YOU MEET US?:
WHERE ARE YOU COMING FROM (which town or neighbourhood will you go back to?):
WHAT OPTIONS, IF ANY?:
WHAT KIND OF BURGER DO YOU WANT? THE MORE SPECIFIC THE BETTER:
If you are part of a group please include the name of the group leader and if you are the group leader please include the names of folks in your group.
(4) TRAVEL INSURANCE
You can buy travel insurance online. Here is an example of one of the many sites where you can buy insurance online:
We do not provide travel insurance. It is not required to have insurance to join the trip but highly recommend to get one in case. Please keep in mind the Liability Disclaimer below. We are not liable in anyway during or after the trip.
(5) REFUND / CREDIT POLICY:
Time of Deposit to 7 Days before Departure Time = 5,000 won Cancellation Charge per person for Refund of Deposit Amount to your bank account or kept as credit.
7 Days to 72 hours before Departure Time = 15,000 won Cancellation Charge per person for Refund of Deposit Amount to your bank account or kept as credit.
72 hours to 24 hours before Departure Time = 25,000 won Cancellation Charge per person for Refund of Deposit Amount to your bank account or kept as credit.
24 Hours before Departure Time to Not Attend = 10,000 won non-transferable credit for future trip.
Please provide account # by email to WHENINKOREA@GMAIL.COM in order to receive a refund/credit.
(6) LIABILITY DISCLAIMER:
THIS TRAVEL GROUP IS NOT LIABLE IN ANYWAY DURING OR AFTER YOUR TRIP.
Please be careful and be mindful of safety. You are responsible for your own safety. You have the right to not do anything that you believe is too dangerous. None of the activities will be forced on you against your own will.
(7) WINK EMAIL RESPONSE HOURS:
Regular Email Response Hours are 10AM to 6PM from Monday to Friday.
Emails received after 6PM on Friday will be responded by noon on Monday.
List of all upcoming trips at: