Learn to Engage People with Autism Using the Power of Rhythm.
Educators. Parents. Caregivers. Professionals.
Musical experience not required.
with Jim Donovan M.Ed., Assistant Professor Saint Francis University, Multi-platinum recording artist from the band Rusted Root (Send Me On My Way)
Monday, June 8, 2015 9 AM-3 PM
Drumming & Disabilities training is a step-by-step system developed by Jim Donovan M.Ed. at Saint Francis University that is designed to show anyone how to facilitate and lead rhythmic and percussion interventions. These interventions are designed to meet goals such as: (1) increased attention to task, (2) non verbal expression, (3) socialization and (4) stress reduction in individuals on the Autism spectrum and other disabilities.
By the end of this training you will know. . .
• a philosophy of inclusive and accessible facilitation.
• methodology for creating safe, accepting and positive environments.
• methodology and examples of four Percussion Intervention foundation templates.
• the research behind the techniques.
By the end of this training you will be able to. . .
• facilitate percussion intervention techniques with children on the Autism spectrum and other disabilities.
• adapt percussion intervention techniques to their own specific client needs.
• design their own unique percussion interventions
Read the research and learn more here: http://www.drumcircleleadership.com/drumming-and-disabilities
Normal cost: $99
YOUR COST: $25 Advance Registration Required.
Drums and percussion are provided to use during the program. People may also bring their own.
Includes: 5 contact hours of training, New Skills, Certificate of Completion, and 90 page manual.
This event and the reduced cost of the training is made possible by the BNY Mellon Community Partnership and the Madden School of Business at Le Moyne College.
Time: 8:45 Registration
9 AM-3 PM Training, with a break for lunch
Venue: Le Moyne College
1419 Salt Springs Road Syracuse, NY 13214
Campus Center (Building # 8)
James Common Room (located on the Lower Floor)
Park in Parking Lot C