Come enjoy great company, DJs, awesome vendors, energy workers, tarot, henna, hair services, aromatherapy, massage, food, and of course, CLOTHES, CLOTHES, CLOTHES!
FIRST - invite your friends list! This wonderful event grows because YOU choose to participate and invite others, also! Spread the love!
The way to make this event awesome for everyone is by INVITING YOUR FACEBOOK FRIENDS, as well inviting by word of mouth. The more people that show up, the better a selection there is for everyone, so please be sure to do your part to help make this event a great success!
SECOND, make sure you're part of the group, and TURN ON NOTIFICATIONS:
THIRD, Sign up for the email list, for updates (since FB is becoming hard to use for passing along information): http://eepurl.com/WeIlv
FOURTH... Let's SWAP!
WHAT DOES IT COST?
CASH ONLY (ATM across the street)
- $20 cover with 20+ items brought to exchange
- $30 cover with 6-19 items brought to exchange
- $40 cover with 0-5 items brought to exchange
"Happy Hour" from 3pm - 4pm.
- $10 cover with 20+ items brought to exchange
- $20 cover with 6-19 items brought to exchange
- $30 cover with 0-5 items brought to exchange
REASONS TO BRING EXTRA LOOT:
- Food truck $5 to $10
- Service Providers - Please come prepared to tip.
- Additional door prize tickets (first one is free) are $1
- Kids Price: 9 or Younger = Free with accompanying adult.
- Youth Price: 10 to 17 = half off admission
- Senior (65+) Price = half off admission
-- Limit to bring in: NONE, bring as much as you'd like, but QUALITY over QUANTITY please.
-- Takeaway limit: 20 lbs
-- NEW COVER CHARGE. To help cover the rising costs of this growing swap, prices have increased. We have not raised costs since the swap was a meager swap of 150 people.
We have since added shift leads, 70+ volunteers, a venue 3x bigger, sound equipment and DJs, and MORE to make this an awesome experience for you.
Please understand that this is necessary to maintaining a flowing, organized, fun swap.
If finances are problematic, you can contact me about volunteering part of the swap for free entry.
-- QUALITY CONTROL. Please only bring fashionable, funky, quality goods. Damaged, smelly, worn out, unfashionable, branded T-shirts, or generally ratty items will be rejected at the door. Be prepared with extra items in case some are not accepted.
-- NEW SERVICE PROVIDERS and door prizes!
-- DOOR PRIZE WINNERS will all be drawn from one bin, throughout event. If you're there, you can choose what you want. If not, you'll get a text or email to select from what is left.
-- EARLY DROP OFF can begin at 11:30am. You can go through Quality Control and get your wrist band so you can come back later unencumbered and without waiting in long lines.
DOOR PRIZE CHANGES!
-- New, numerous door prizes!
-- Buy extra prize tickets for $1 each.
-- Need not be present to win, but you can take it home if you're there... Winners will be drawn throughout the day. Priority choice in prizes to winners who are present.
Please remember to bring EXTRA CASH to tip the wonderful volunteers, vendors, and service providers! ♥
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
WHAT WILL BE THERE?
- All clothing exchanges are focused on clean, undamaged, fashionable, wearable items (for men and women).
- SPRING and SUMMER garments! Please try to keep to the season requested so that we can build current, useful wardrobes for each other. Out of season items may be rejected.
- MEN'S CLOTHES. There is a bigger and bigger selection of men's clothes at every event - be sure to invite your fashionable man-friends! The more you invite, the more selection there is to choose from!
- PLUS SIZES. Come one, come all! If you are plus size, we welcome you! There will be items available for you, but if you are not able to find anything, I will happily refund your cover charge. We have implemented new procedures in the Sorter's area to make sure Plus Sizes make it to the Plus Size area!
- COSTUMES! Please bring any costumes that are in good condition!
- KIDS clothes. For parents, there will be a separate table to swap kids clothes. However, these items will not count toward the entry item quota, so please come prepared with 20 of your own items. This table is simply for your benefit. ♥
WHERE DO I TRY ON?
Trying on can happen in the bathroom stalls, or out in the open. Please dress appropriately for this (spandex workout clothes to slip things over are highly advised). There will be mirrors throughout the building, but please use each other as mirrors, too - that's part of the fun!
WHERE DO I PUT MY STUFF?
---"SAFE ZONE" - There will be a designated "Safe Zone," where you can leave your bags that you want to take home. Shopping in the "Safe Zone" is OFF LIMITS. As this area may not be staffed, please DO NOT LEAVE VALUABLES (leave them at home or wear a fanny pack). Use at your own risk. If you are seen "shopping" in this area, you will be asked to leave.
---MOST ADVISED: leave as much as you can at home and use a FANNY PACK! Items may walk off (this includes shoes, so be careful if you take them off), so keep them on you, or don't bring them at all. Thank you!
WILL THERE BE CLOTHES FOR ME?
The more people we have involved, the better the selection and the more fun we will all have, so please SHARE THIS EVENT and INVITE YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, AND COWORKERS! ♥
WHERE DO I PARK?
--- PLEASE CARPOOL AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! Rideshare group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/304925369708388/
--- There is street parking available, and parking lots, but carpooling makes it easier on everyone! Please do so!
--- Please leave valuables at home or safely hidden. Neither Seattle Clothing Exchange nor Lake City Community Center is responsible for lost or stolen items.
WHO WILL BE PLAYING MUSIC?
1:00 - 3:30: Derrick Deepvibez
3:30 - 6:00: TBA
~Audio by Human~ (Jules O'keefe)
Live Painting by Joey Masciotra, Michelle Dawn, Sarah Jorgensen!
Enjoy the music! Please feel free to EXPRESS YOURSELF while shopping! Let's DANCE!!! ♥
ARE THERE FOOD OR BEVERAGES?
-- Food by Plum Bistro's food truck.
-- Restaurants - List of local restaurants (many within one or two blocks) will be available at the INFO table.
-- DRINKS: There is a water fountain available. Feel free to bring your own reusable water bottle in and fill it up.
SHOULD I SHARE THIS EVENT?
Answer: YES, YES, YES!!!!
The more people that come (especially fashion-forward friends), the better the selection becomes for all of us, and the more fun we all have! Make sure that you invite your friends, family, coworkers... Please invite anyone you think would enjoy this fabulous, sustainable event, and watch this amazing community grow!
WHAT SERVICES WILL BE OFFERED?
- Tarot by Osiris Indriya
- Tarot by Kiymbah Tytania
- Readings by Chiyona Dang
- Tarot by Raven Seraph
- Hair service by Tony Oliver
- Reiki by Gadge Teman
- Massage by Gentle Giant Intuitive Radiant Massage - Wayne Kaye
- Massage by Jamie Carma Owens
- Massage by Nadav Nahari
- Acupuncture by Alex Flores of The Pincushion
- Shamnic Healing by Elizabeth Hazlett Porter
- Custom essential oil blends by Michelle Mahler
PLEASE REMEMBER TO DONATE to these wonderful people who have volunteered their time to help make this event fantastic!
* * * * * * * * * * * *
If you want to come and just check out the vendors, you don't have to pay the entrance fee. In order to utilize service providers or participate in the clothing swap, you will need to pay cover, however.
- TRIBAL LOCKS - conceptalias.com
Hair and dreadlock fashions and extensions.
- Butterfly Buddha by Tracey Anne
- Rainbow Pirate Crafts by Ashlee Staub
- Upcycled Shiny Things
* * * * * * * * * * *
WHAT DOOR PRIZES CAN I WIN?
Winners drawn at 5pm. Need not be present to win... Unless you want to take home all your winnings before you leave!
- Galaxy hat by Lauren of Habihats by TechnoPrincess
- Massage session by Gentle Giant Intuitive Massage
- Acupuncture from Linda Echols Phelps at Purple Dragon Healing Arts
- 60 Minute Delivered Massage by Jamie Carma Owens
- One month Crossfit and a personal training session at Rugged Elite / CrossFit RE
- One month unlimited gym membership at LAB5 Fitness
- "Don't Worry, Be Happy" oil from Circle of Healing Essential Oils - via Michelle Mahler
- Art by artist Cristina Ortiz
- 2 Dance classes of choice (Bollywood, Bhangra, Bellydance, Odissi, hip hop) at Culture Shakti Dance Http://cultureshaktidance.com/
- Manicure set donated by Michalle Maury: Jamberry Independent Consultant
- Henna gift certificate from Heather Starling
- QUIVER, June 12th @ Rebar. House music. 2 tickets.
- WORK!, June 19th @ Monkey Loft. House music featuring Dirty Bird artist Mark Starr. 4 tickets PLUS a meet and greet with Mark Starr!
- SOFT OPTION (by Karl K & Michelle Ferris), June 6th @ Monkey Loft. House music. 2 tickets.
- SOFT OPTION (by Karl K & Michelle Ferris), July 4th @ Monkey Loft. House music. 2 tickets.
- SOFT OPTION (by Karl K & Michelle Ferris), August 1st @ Monkey Loft. House music. 2 tickets.
- P.E.O.P.L.E., June 26th @ Monkey Loft. House music. 4 sets of 2 tickets each (4 ticket packages total!).
- DROP, June 13 @ Monkey Loft. House/Techno. Chloe Harris, and celebrating Carter, J-Sun and Rhines' birthdays! 2 tickets.
HOW DO I LEARN MORE?
VIDEO FROM SPRING SWAP 2013:
FAQ about Seattle Clothing Exchange events:
TO NEWBIES AND THOSE WHO JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S UP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/seattleclothingexchange/doc/442021032532258/
Be sure you're in the group (and have turned on notifications):
Spring Clothing Exchange by SCE 2015:
Winter Clothing Exchange by SCE 2015: https://www.facebook.com/events/388254734657730/
Fall Clothing Exchange by SCE 2014:
The SPRING Clothing Swap 2014:
The FALL Clothing Swap Party 2013:
The SPRING 2013 Clothing Exchange Event:
The WINTER Clothing Exchange Event:
The SUMMER Clothing Exchange Event:
EVENT PHOTOS FROM SPRING SWAP 2013:
WHAT HAPPENS TO THE CLOTHES/PROFIT?
Profits from the door/concessions go toward the event space, supplies, marketing, and my efforts to keep this event going.
All glam and furred clothing left over will be donated to Camp Conception (a Burning Man camp).
Majority of clothes left over will go to SightConnection, enhancing the abilities of people with vision loss to live active, independent lives (http://www.sightconnection.org/).
Here's hoping to see you there! Please get in touch if there is anything I can do, or questions I can answer. Keep checking back for updates!
As always, thank you so much for helping these events become a great success, fighting for sustainability through your choice in shopping, and for being a loyal supporter of the Seattle Clothing Exchange. You are appreciated.
Love and Light!