Mimbres Region Arts Council is celebrating our 20th anniversary of the Blues Festival this year with an added day dedicated to the motorcycle community. This is a grass roots party celebrating the blues & motorcycles.The dates are May 22,23,24 2015 in downtown Silver City. Here is an outline of just some of the great events going on all weekend.
- Taj Mahal is headlining Saturday Night, The Campbell Brothers Sunday as well as music all weekend long.
- The American Motor Drome Wall Of Death Thrill Show will be performing all weekend
- Friday will be the Peoples Choice Bike Show. Two categories 1984 and earlier - 1985 and later. 1st place is 500.00 in both categories,Hand made trophies by local artists. Open to all makes & models.
- West Coast Smudge doing Pin Striping all weekend.
- Friday evening Dance in the park with Arizona Band the Noodles. Playing music of the Grateful Dead.
- Raffle with loads of prizes going on all day
- 50 plus motorcycle related vendors, Bike Parts, services, custom bike builders
- Benefit Bike run around the Gila Wilderness loop Saturday morning. 85 miles around the beautiful Gila Wilderness.
- Barnetts Las Cruces Harley Davidson & Russ Brown major sponsors.
- We have advertised in Thunder Press & Easyriders Magazine. Easy rider will have someone covering our event.
We have a few 10 by 15 foot booth spaces available for custom bike builders, services and biker related vendors to show and sell there work as well as parts. My intention is to make this an event for custom bike builders showcase there work.
We are still in the early stages of planning so there will be much more going on by May!
In addition to the Blues Festival & bike show events there will be a food court and of course the beer garden. There will also be special biker parking close to the park.