Please join us for an exciting, fun, free family event at beautiful U.S. Coast Guard Station Golden Gate! There’s something for everyone, and plenty of free parking!
• Get a free life jacket (while supplies last). Life jackets are provided by the California Division of Boating and Waterways, as part of the worldwide “Ready, Set, Wear It” campaign encouraging life jacket wearing. Dog life jacket info and demos available, and will be modeled by Sierra, the happy black Lab who lives at Station Golden Gate!
• Witness a thrilling helicopter rescue demo by USCG Air Station San Francisco (scheduled for noon, but time could change due to conditions or availability).
• Watch friendly Coast Guard bomb dogs at work. Feco and Evy, friendly explosives-sniffing dogs from Coast Guard Maritime Safety and Security Team (MSST), will give riveting demos of how they detect explosives.
• Take a free boating seminar. Two info-packed seminars will be given inside Station Golden Gate: 11 a.m. Boating Safety. 12:30 p.m. Marine Engines.
• Get a fascinating behind-the-scenes tour of Coast Guard boats and inside the Coast Guard station – places most people never get to visit!
• Bring your boat for a courtesy vessel safety check. The most cautious boaters can sometimes experience unexpected problems on the water. The U.S. Coast Guard recommends that all recreational boaters, including personal watercraft and paddle sport users, take advantage of the free Vessel Safety Check (VSC) program every year. Coast Guard Auxiliarist vessel examiners will be available to do VSCs on trailered boats near the public boat ramp.
• Become a safe and environmentally friendly boater. Coast Guard Auxiliarists can help you learn about the latest in safe-boating rules, regs, and best practices. Plus learn how to keep the marine environment clean and avoid big fines. We’ll be giving out free clean-boater kits, safe-boating literature, paddlecraft ID stickers, stickers and fun activity books for children, and much more!
• Meet the heroes – Coasties and other local, life-saving first responder units will be on hand throughout the day to talk about what they do.
This event is a partnership of the Coast Guard active duty unit at Station Golden Gate and Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 12, with support from Flotilla 14, to kick off National Safe Boating Week, May 16-22.
More info: www.auxgoldengate.org • email@example.com