Old Eastern Marsh Trail, Salisbury, MA 01952, USA
Ryan Fitzsimmons Duo.- Folk | Acoustic | Singer-songwriter | Covers - www.sonicbids.com/ryanfitzsimmons - http://ryanfitzsimmons.com
Originally from Syracuse, NY, Ryan first gained attention at age 14 playing lead guitar in an alternative rock band called Anodyne which was nominated for a Syracuse Area Music Award (SAMMY). But after performing in a number of electric bands, Ryan decided to give up the amplifiers to see what he could do with just wood and steel and voice. What he discovered in performing solo with an acoustic guitar was an intimacy and nuance he found instantly inspiring. Bringing to the fold his years of electric guitar playing and using innovative alternate tunings, Ryan Fitzsimmons' acoustic world runs the emotional gambit. The lyrics of Ryan's songs range from gentle, poetic details to the in-your-face realism of a bar fight, and his guitar ranges just as far, from starry night to thunderclap.
Over the last few years, Ryan has quietly been establishing a reputation as one of the most original and promising young songwriters on the scene today. Playing shows from Montana to New England, Ryan has been engaging audiences with his distinctive songwriting and dynamic performances. Ryan's first CD, Open All Night, is the long-awaited companion to his live show. The album is a statement of Ryan's history, and in it Ryan takes all the diners, gas stations, smoky bars, and side streets that he's come across and extracts the human element, drawing the listener in with the questions and emotions that these places resonate.
• 2008 Newport Folk Festival - one of 4 selected OurStage artists
• 2008 Harpoon UFO Hefeweizen Best Unfiltered Band Top 10 Finalist
• 2008 NERFA TriCentric Showcase
• 2007 Best Local Male Vocalist, Providence Phoenix Best Music Poll
• 2007 Falcon Ridge Folk Festival Emerging Artist
• 2007 Starbucks Music Makers Semifinalist
• 2005 Best Male Vocalist and Best Local CD, Rhode Island Motif Readers Poll
• 2005 Winner Starbucks/Nemo Emerging Artist - won Gibson guitar, Providence Region
• “Open All Night” Providence Phoenix Best of 2004
Salisbury Art Stroll
The 3rd Annual Salisbury Art Stroll will be Saturday, May 16, 2015 from 10am-4pm. The stroll will take place on the Old Eastern Marsh Rail Trail. This newly constructed paved trail parallels Route 1 (Bridge 1) in Salisbury. Artists and fine crafters will be set up along the trail, displaying and selling their works. There will also be food, entertainment, free kids art classes, a silhouette artist and a caricature artist.