Give yourself permission to rest, rebalance and restore while learning how to teach the ancient art of Restorative Yoga! Restorative Yoga is becoming more and more recognized and valued as a healing tool for deep relaxation, stress relief and recovery. It has a very beneficial outcome when used as a tool to manage the treatment of depression and PTSD.
Restorative Yoga is ojas building and very balancing for all body types, when practiced along with guided imagery, guided meditation or yoga nidra, Restorative Yoga allows the body to restore, heal and rejuvenate unlike anything else. Restorative Yoga is accessible to all people and therefore is an attainable healing tool no matter the level of pain or imbalance in the body, mind or spirit.
Knowing how to lead and build a Restorative Yoga practice is a must in any yoga teacher's tool box as she/he strives to use the therapeutic aspects and qualities of yoga and help people reclaim their inner radiance, alleviate tension and stress, and stimulate the natural healing response.
Graduates will be able to teach Restorative Yoga in a variety of settings, offer private Restorative Yoga sessions and group Restorative Yoga classes with confidence and wisdom.
In this training students will learn:
* Restorative Yoga asana; alignment, benefits, counter indications
* Use of props
* Therapeutic warm up movement: Pawanmuktasana Series ~ Divine Wind Joint Series
* Pranayama and Pratyahara kriyas for Restorative Yoga and deep relaxation
* Types of relaxation: visualization, guided imagery, yoga nidra
* The use of ayurvedic principles in Restorative Yoga
* Sequencing a Restorative Yoga class
* Teaching private Restorative Yoga sessions
* Marma point hand and foot massage techniques
* Use of essential oils in Restorative Yoga
Friday May 29, 5:00 to 9:00
Saturday May 30, 1:30 to 6:00
Sunday May 31, 1:00 to 6:00
Training Cost $395, includes 15 CEUs
5 or 6 mexican yoga blankets
2 rectangular bolsters
2 sturdy blocks (not foam)
2 yoga straps at least 8 ft in length w/ D ring
selection of essential oils or favorite blend
It is preferred that students bring their own prop kit which can be stored at the studio over the weekend.
Kits are available for purchase at SOTL. Call for details.