NEWQUAY RIDING CLUB
OPEN CHARITY HORSE & DOG SHOW
Sunday 24th May 2015
Killserth Farm, Trispen
By kind permission of Mr F Matthews and Mr & Mrs Bertoli
Entry Fees: Jumping: Members £5.50, Non-members £8
Showing: Members £5, Non-members £7
First aid £2.50 per rider
ROSETTES – 1ST – 6TH
Dog Classes - £1
ROSETTES 1ST – 4TH
Refreshments by Bite 2 Eat
Photography by www.rachaelbromagephotography.co.uk
QUERIES: Bev Etheredge 07592753158
Bex Vinton 07864 716982
DIRECTIONS: From Carland Cross Roundabout (with the windmills) take the road for Truro, go down the hill and take the right hand junction and then take a left, go up to the bridge and continue straight on, field is on the left. From Truro take the Newquay road and stay on the A39 until you see the signpost to Trispen. Do not take the first right turn but go over the hill and take the second right turn where you will see Rowes Honda Garage, then immediately left past the playing field, stay on that road until you come up to the bridge take the right, field is on the left.
(SIGNPOSTS WILL BE FROM THE ROUNDABOUT & HONDA GARAGE)
RING ONE – 9.30 – 10am
CLEAR ROUND - £2.00
SHOW JUMPING – 10.30am Start
Course built by BSJA course builder
1. Horse & Hound 50cm-60cm (approx. 1’6-2ft)
2. Micro 50cm-60cm (approx. 1’6-2ft)
(combination not to have been placed 1st in any Show Jumping)
3. Mini 70cm (approx. 2’3”)
4. Pairs 75cm (£9 per Pair) (approx. 2’6”)
5. Midi 80cm (approx. 2’6”)
6. Maxi 85cm (approx. 2’9”)
7. Major 90cm (approx. 3’)
8. Massive 1m (approx. 3’3”)
CLEAR ROUND WILL CONTINUE IN THIS RING ONCE CLASSES ARE COMPLETE IF TIME PERMITS HEIGHTS CAN BE ADJUSTED TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS.
RING TWO – 10am start
9. Tack and Turnout Open
10. Best Combination Lead Rein any age – not to enter classes 11, 12 or 13(Snaffle Bridles)
11. First Ridden 12 Years & Under (Snaffle Bridle, Canter optional)
12. Best Combination 13-18 Years
13. Best Combination Over 18 Years
14. Riding Club Horse/Pony – may be required to jump a small fence
15. Ridden Veteran 18 Years and Over
CHAMPIONSHIP TO FOLLOW IN RING 2 FOR 1ST AND 2ND PRIZEWINNERS CLASSES 9 -15
16. Ridden Hunter – 15.1hh & over
17. Small Ridden Hunter – 15hh & under
18. Ridden Cob
19. Ridden Coloured
20. Ridden Mountain and Moorland Small Breeds
21. Ridden Mountain and Moorland Large Breeds
22. Ridden Arab (Pure, Part, Anglo)
CHAMPIONSHIP TO FOLLOW IN RING 2 FOR 1ST AND 2ND PRIZEWINNERS FROM CLASSES 16 - 22
RING THREE – 10am start
23. 1, 2, 3 Year olds
24. Best Grass Kept Horse/Pony
25. Miniatures/Shetlands (Will be split if enough entries)
26. Ex Racehorse
27. Sports Horse
28. Arab Pure, Part, Anglo.
CHAMPIONSHIP TO FOLLOW IN RING 3 FOR 1ST AND 2ND PRIZEWINNERS FROM CLASSES 23 - 28
29. Mountain and Moorland Small Breeds
30. Mountain and Moorland Large Breeds
31. Veteran 18 Years & Over
32. Young Handler 10yrs & Under
33. Young Handler 11-18 Years
34. Open Coloured
CHAMPIONSHIP TO FOLLOW IN RING 3 FOR 1ST AND 2ND PRIZEWINNERS FROM CLASSES 29 - 33
SUPREME CHAMPIONSHIP TO BE HELD IN RING 2 OR 3 WHEN ALL CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE COMPLETE
FUN FAMILY DOG SHOW
Rosettes 1st – 4th Entry Fee: £1 per class
1. Best Pedigree
2. Best Cross Breed/Mongrel
3. Handsome Male
4. Prettiest Female
5. Most Appealing Eyes
6. Best Over 20 inches
7. Best 20 inches or under
8. Waggiest Tail
9. Long/Rough Coat
10. Short/Smooth Coat
12. Doggy the judge would like to take home
Best in Show judged from all 1st Prize winners
No CC/RCC or Junior Warrant winners can compete
Dogs must be kept on leads and cleaned up after
RULES: The competition will run in accordance with the BRC and BSJA rules. Classes 5, 6 & 7 maybe Table A7. 1st Show jumping round may be timed.
Competitors please note the Judge’s decision is final.
Riding hats to be current standard according to BRC Rulebook and must be worn when mounted.
Back protectors are recommended for jumping.
Appropriate competition attire and footwear is required.
All riders ride at their own risk.
Horse must be 4 years and over in ridden classes.
Children under 18 years much be accompanied by an adult.
No refunds will be made on entries.
Dogs MUST be kept on lead at all times & cleaned up after!!
STALLIONS ARE WELCOME BUT MUST BE IDENTIFIED WITH EITHER BLUE/WHITE RIBBON IN THE TAIL OR STALLION DISC ON THE BRIDLE AND MUST NOT BE LEFT UNATTENDED. (Please could you let committee know if you are bringing a stallion Thank you)
The committee accepts no responsibility for any accident however caused, which may occur in connection with this competition.