If you can DREAM IT… you can DO IT...
And the Musafirs are at it again! The snow capped peaks of the Himalayas and the rustic landscape invites the rugged biker in us to explore the challenging terrain of ladakh on 2 wheels….an experience that is not meant for all but only for the strong willed biker. This year, apart from the conventional Jammu-Kargil-Leh-Manali route, we also will explore the mesmerizing Spiti Valley.
Do you have the grit, determination and tenacity in you to ride to the place that is known as the Mecca of Bikers? Do you have what it takes to be riding with one of India’s most happening motorcycling club and biking family – THE MUSAFIRS (Source: Indiatimes: http://goo.gl/BSx6lu).
If you have the machine, the balls and the ingrained passion to ride with discipline, then join us this June… From 13th to 28th…
When we ride, we not just explore… we experience… we have fun… Apart from the riding, the bikers on this ride will enjoy rafting in Leh and also go up to the first level at Gulmarg (inclusive in fees).
What places will we see and what experiences we will have on the ride?
- The mouth watering hot fresh pattisa at Kud
- The lip smacking and famous Rajma Chawal and anar dana chutney at Peera (Just google it and you’ll know)
- As we cross the Banihal tunnel to enter into the Kashmir valley we will notice the stark difference in climate and landscape. Also the air we breath in will surely bring a smile
- House boat in Srinagar and the ropeway (gondola) of Gulmarg
- We will experience the patriotism when you read about Martyrs at the Kargil War Memorial
- We will experience bliss as you read ‘Welcome to LEH’ on one of the signboards and you will also recollect what you read on one of the milestones behind ‘IF YOU CAN DREAM IT… YOU CAN DO IT’
- We will be astonished to read a milestone: LEH 40 KMS…. Because we remember seeing the same distance ‘LEH 40 KMS’ almost 20 kms ago
- A sense of accomplishment will run through us as once again we ride on the so called ‘Highest motorable road in the world’ at about 18000 ft – Khardung La. The maggi from the military canteen there, tastes better than any other maggi in the world…
- As we descend into the Nubra valley the sight of a huge desert and double humped camels in the middle of snow capped peaks would astonish us
- The various monasteries and the inner calm these offer will be enlightening
- As we ride for kilometers of off-roads to reach Tso Moriri, we would be thinking “Did I voluntarily sign up for this” and once we sight the mighty lake and soak in its beauty, we would think “OMFG! I want to stay here forever”
- As we enter the Spiti valley a unique calm will descends and we become one with our bikes maneuvering the smooth curves of the roads
We are not the conventional, money-minting tour operators… and biking is the only thing we do and that is what we are known for… We know our jobs pretty well… especially when it comes to group riding… If you have never been with us on any ride, go through the posts that we have been tagged in and you will know… On this circuit, you will be riding at altitudes of around 15000ft above sea level and in terrains where the weather can turn hostile within seconds. It is a significant risk that requires experience to mitigate. You could save a few bucks by doing this ride with startups, novices and friends…with them, things would be smooth until the inexperience kicks in… With experience, comes the ability to give better experiences and quality. The ride to Ladakh this June will be the 57th motorcycle group biking tour organized by The Musafirs. Apart from having an experience of a lifetime, the other inclusions in the ride fees include:
Inner-line permits and entry charges to access restricted
Bike Transport (Train/Truck/Courier)
Support vehicle (to load bikes in case of a breakdown)
Accommodation from start to finish (Twin Sharing*)
Meals (All meals from start to finish**)
High visibility vests
Rafting at Leh
Gondola charges at Gulmarg upto level 1
A well coordinated team of experienced bikers for company
The Route: Jammu - Srinagar - Drass/Kargil - Leh - Nubra - Tso Moriri – Sarchu/Keylong – Kaza (Spiti Valley) - Chandigarh (Weather is highly unpredicatable in these regions of the country and there could be a few minor changes when we actually hit the road). Contact the crew for a detailed itinerary.
Ride Cost: INR 49,500/- (Including bike transport both ways)
: INR 42,500/- (For pillions and those riders who do not need both ways bike transport)
: INR 47,000/- (Including only return Chandigarh-Mumbai bike transport)
Exclusions: Flight/Train tickets, Fuel, Booze, Soft Drinks and anything else that is not mentioned in above
Mumbai Musafirs is NOT a Boyz-Only Riding Family. We have quite a few female riders joining us for our rides. Our female crew member – Shona and numerous other female Musafirs would be there for lively company throughout the trip.
Twin Sharing* : A few places do not have proper hotels and there we will be put up in dorms type stays. Of the 15 nights, there will be twin sharing on 11 nights and remaining multiple sharing.
All Meals** : On the non-riding days, each one is free to explore the area, the local cuisine and schedule the day as per their convenience. All meals will be taken care of on 12 of the 15 days.
Steps to register for the ride:
Step 1- Call the crew (and not any other Musafir) on the below numbers to express your interest to join the ride and check for slot availability.
Step 2 - Transfer the booking amount of Rs 5000 (Non Refundable) to:
Current account name: M/s MUSAFIRS MOTORCYCLE TOURS PVT LTD
Currect Account Number: 593011012667
IFSC Code: VYSA0005930
- Following the transfer, fill the registration form : http://goo.gl/forms/KKCHvjGYql
The remaining amount will be taken 2 weeks before we start the ride.
For any queries get in touch with the CREW
NICC – 9819 897 843
(Led over 50 motorcycle expeditions and has done the Leh to Mumbai circuit solo on his bike which he calls ‘Black Dawg’)
SHONA – 9821 178 718
(She has too has led over 50 motorcycle rides including the Ladakh circuit with over 15 bikers)