501 Monterey-Salinas Highway 68, Monterey, CA, 93908
In an effort to keep you all updated on your Spartan race options (beyond Las Vegas), we're posting all of the nearby and upcoming Spartan races you may be interested in racing. This information will be extremely helpful if you're trying to achieve the Spartan Trifecta.
Date: June 6th, 2015
Distance: 8-10 miles
Avg. temperature: High 65, Low 50
Elevation: 1,800 ft.
Terrain: The course starts and ends on a beautiful lawn in the midst of Monterey’s inland wine country. You will wind your way through dense forest, open plateaus, gnarly single track, ponds, and creeks. The trails are all made of hard packed clay, which can be a dream when dry, but a nightmare when wet.
Average finish time: 2.5 hours
Fastest finish time: 80 min.
Team Name: We don't currently have a team registered for this race. If you're interested in signing-up, reach out to Bryan or Francis so we can determine if creating an official team makes sense based on anticipated participation (we must have at least 4 people racing in order to create a team).
Finishers receive: Finishers medal, trifecta medal wedge piece, free Shock Top beer (yah!), Super Finisher t-shirt, bananas, Clif bar, bragging rights
Basics on what to do/bring:
1) Yourself and your confidence. Spartan up!
2) Book your hotel room now. Hotels are pricey, especially in the area near the race course. For out of town races, many of us in the past have arrived the day before and then have stayed about 45 min. from the race start to save on costs.
3) Race waiver & your driver's license or ID (required). You'll receive an email when your race waiver is ready to print.
4) Cash. Parking is $10 per car ($20 per van) and cash only. You may also want cash for any other purchases you want to make. the Spartan store on-site does take credit cards. Try to carpool if possible.
5) Change of clothes & footwear (there are changing areas and showers (well, hoses) to clean-up if you don't want to get in your car muddy
6) Towel to use for drying/clean-up
7) 2-3 large trash bags (for dirty clothes, footwear, to line your car seats if needed)
8) Water, gatorade
9) Snacks (Clif bars, gels, and apples are good ideas)
Bag check is available, & costs $5 (cash only). Your bag must be able to fit inside a plastic bag they will provide for you (this is new), so we don't recommend bringing a bag that is larger than a small/medium backpack. However, if you have a friend or family member coming with you, they can be your personal bag check & carry your belongings for you.
Do you have friends or family members who want to be a spectator? They can register online at spartan.com for $20 (up until the Friday before the event), or can pay $25 on-site (cash only). Sorry, no pets allowed.
Elite: $145 (it will go up to $155 after the last 38 elite spots are sold)
Morning (8am-11am): $140.00 (final price)
Afternoon (11:15am-4pm): $125 (final price)
*we highly recommend you begin in the morning to avoid higher day time temperatures