Mumbai Randonneurs' 20th brevet in the 2014-15 season... the first 200-km Night Brevet of this season...
Saturday, 16 May 2015... Mumbai-Lonavla-Mumbai...
A night brevet in the summer...
So you can expect a pleasant ride... minus the heat... minus the dust... minus the traffic... minus the pollution...
202 km... in 13 hr 30 min...
Start-point: Hotel Shubhalaxmi, Shivaji Chowk, Chembur (Sion-Panvel highway, near the ST Bus Stand)
Start-time: 7:00 pm on Saturday, 16 May
[please report by 6:00pm, to complete the ride formalities in time]
Turn-around point: Nisarga Dhaba, Kamshet, after Lonavala (around 21 kms after Hotel Ramakrishna)
End-point: Shivaji Chowk, Chembur
End-time: 8:30 am on Sunday, 17th May.
The Baap of all Night Rides! Are you game for it?! :-)
Here's the link to the route map:
Check out the route map, note the key points, make your notes and carry them with you for reference during the brevet...
If you have any doubt/query, call Anil Uchil on 9820636364
Visit www.audaxindia.org and acquaint yourself with all the ride rules.
You need to be a member of Audax India Randonneurs if you wish to ride a brevet.
Registrations will remain open till 11:00am on 11 May.
Mandatory for this brevet:
- red taillight (keep in steady mode, not blinking, while riding)
- spare batteries (to last throughout the night)
- reflective vest (available with most "uniform shops")
- rider number (to be displayed on the front and rear of your bike throughout the brevet)
- ATM card (debit/credit card, to be swiped at unmanned control points)
NOTE: If any of the above items is missing, you will not be allowed to ride the event.
Please bear in mind the following points:
- Brevets are self-supported. Become self-reliant!
- No personal support vehicles allowed.
- Carry your own spare tubes and puncture kits.
- Ensure you are prepared - both physically and mentally.
- Keep basic first aid, and any personal medicines.
- Carry sufficient hydration
- Carry emergency food with you - biscuits, bananas, energy bars, dry fruits etc
- Report at the start point, an hour before the start time, to complete the ride formalities on time:
** Waiver Form to be signed
** Brevet Card
** Bike check
All the best!
Ride safe... Have fun! :-)