Successful management of disability in the workplace requires a co-coordinated approach from both HR and H & S professionals.
In this presentation Jim Leitch from Northstone and Ashleigh Birkitt from Carson McDowell will cover:-
THE LEGISLATIVE FRAMEWORK
● Defining disability
● Employee rights and employer responsibilities
● Reasonable adjustments and recent cases
MANAGING THE DISABILITY
● Medical Examinations/review meetings
● Job analysis/research/risk assessment
● Expert assessment
● Balancing operational requirements.
COMMUNICATION WITH AND INVOLVING THE EMPLOYEE
● Consideration of reasonable adjustments
● H & S concerns
● Management reports and decision making
For further details and booking instructions please see our flyer: