Many people have discussed the idea about organising another Ma Wan Beach Clean up day. So to make life easier for everyone here as an open event so people can join if they want to and share with other neighbours etc so we can work together to make Ma Wan a safer, cleaner place for people and wild life.
Suggested dates below - we will go with the majority and confirm the date in a couple of days.
Hopefully if enough people join we can split into three teams and work on the three beaches along by the pier
Little boat beach (I don't know how to get in there )
1. You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of any children you may bring with you.
2. Children and dogs are welcome but if you bring them , look after them please.
3. Bring :
. Rubber gloves
Bin bags (can get free at reception)
Water and sunscreen or a hat (if you like)
hand gel if you like
Old BBQ tongs for picking up litter if you don't want to use your hands.
4. If it looks dangerous , don't pick it up
5. Meet at 845-9 outside 7-11 and late comers just come choose a beach and find us - end at 12 before it gets too hot (people who wish to carry on, may do so) Again maybe meet back at 7-11 at 12 anywah to say goodbye / have a drink/take a break etc
6. Post photos to the event to share before b after pics anything you see etc. We can post a good selection on the Ma Wan forums as well.
7. Feel free to post in here before the event anything you spot on the beach.
8. Be respectful of all plants and wildlife on the beach - don't hurt any plants or animals you come across while cleaning up.