Mark your calendars -- Sat May 16 for our annual Kiwanis One-Day project(s).
The new American Canyon Community and Parks Foundation has asked for 2 projects at the Kids to Parks Day event that they are sponsoring. That event is a hike for an expected 40-50 kids through the Newell Open Space.
The projects --
1. Set up a crafts area for the kids at the end of their hike. Crafts such as painting bird houses, making bird feeders, stringing necklaces of natural materials.
2. Installing about 20 sign posts throughout the area. Will require using a power auger to drill holes in ground, and backfilling the posts with dirt.
We may need about 10 people (2 teams of 5) to install the posts. And as many people as interested to work with the kids at the crafts tables.
I am also asking for "committee" help to plan and organize these following activities. If you can help, we can talk about it after this Wednesday's dinner meeting (or email me).
• Craft Area -- buy and collect materials and set up the crafts tables.
• T-Shirts -- order Kiwanis T-shirts for the volunteers.
• Volunteer Roster -- enlist volunteers to commit for the projects.