Machakos is a town in Kenya, 63 kilometres southeast of Nairobi. It is the capital of the Machakos County, Kenya. Machakos Town is a major urban centre. Its population is rapidly growing and is 150,041  as of 2009. People who live here are mostly the Akambas though it is a cosmopolitan town. Machakos is surrounded by hilly terrain, with a high number of family farms. (Wikipedia)
The Iveti Hills & Forest form part of the terrain on the North East, stretching from Machakos Town to Kathiani / Mitaboni area and includes a man made forest "Katunga Forest". We will trek all way to the west to "Kyamwilu Hill" or the "Magical Hill" where the water flows up hill. A phenomenon that defies gravity. If time allows, we will stop at the "Peoples Park" as we make our way back to the CBD.
Machakos. “The Place To Be”
- Casual slacks or cargo pants
- Comfy hiking shoes (No Sandals, No heels, No doll Shoes, No Bata Ngomas, No shorts & def. No skirts)
- Carry an extra T-Shirt (Always)
What to carry:-
- A medium backpack to carry your lunch and snacks.
- Packed lunch and something extra to share with our guides
- A jacket or something warm for the cold morning and evening
- Rain gear or water proof gear just in-case. (An umbrella is not hiking rain gear)
- Hat / cap for sun protection (Plenty of sun there)
- Snacks, energy bars etc.
- Sun screen
- Plenty of water 2 -3 ltrs.
- Round trip transport
- Water 1 ltr
- Guide fees
- Citizens / E.A residents / Non Residents KSh. 1,550
***All reservations require a minimum deposit of KSh. 800 by May 4th. 2015
- Go to Mpesa menu
- Select ‘Lipa na Mpesa’
- Select ‘Buy Goods and Services’
- Enter Till number 811149
All transaction must be confirmed with Xtrym Adventures Staff on 0717261033
#XtrymAdventures #XtrymHikes #XtrymFun #XtrymFriends #TembeaKenya #Kyamwilu #Machakos #ThePlaceToBe