Hello everyone ~
As many of you may know, I live in lower Delaware, which is home to Rehoboth Beach, a popular tourist destination featuring many adorable shops, as well as a boardwalk with a plethora of activities! As such, I figured it would be the perfect venue for a summer lolita meet up. I have a basic idea of what I would like to do as far as the itinerary, which will be displayed below. I realize that Rehoboth Beach is a hike for most of you, so hopefully, I could make it worth your while to attend!
Being that it is not a specifically convenient location for any given community, I have decide to just make it an event on my personal facebook page, invite the lolitas I already know, and then share it around to all the lolita groups in the surrounding area. This is an open event, so please do not hesitate to join if you are interested in coming along!!
- Browseabout Books http://www.browseaboutbooks.com
- The Spice and Tea Exchange of Rehoboth https://www.spiceandtea.com
- Dolle’s Candyland http://dolles.com
- Candy Kitchen https://candykitchen.com
- Cafe Papillon http://cafepapillon.com/index.php
- Playland Arcade
- Ryan’s Mini Golf
- Funland http://www.funlandrehoboth.com
- Royal Treat Ice Cream Parlor
Google Maps: http://tinyurl.com/RehobothILD
Please RSVP for this event no later than May 25, 2015. Attendees may come and go as they please during the day because I realize many will have a long commute, but lease let me know if you are planning on arriving later or leaving earlier than the group.
Transportation: As the event draws closer, I will update this about potential carpool meeting locations, as well as public transportation options. Rehoboth is a tourist trap, and parking will be severely limited within a short walking distance of the meeting location.
Dress Code: Lolita, of course! But keep in mind that this event will be taking place in the summer on a boardwalk next to the ocean with a decent amount of walking and general physical activity involved - meaning, it might be a good idea to keep that velvet OP at home for this one.
Suggested Items to Bring:
- A water bottle or money to purchase water
- Fans (either paper fans or small, battery-powered fans)
- Bug spray (if you’re particularly susceptible to attracting bugs)
- Foldable ballet flats
- Loose change for parking meters
- As much money as personally desired in order to cover the cost of shopping, entrance to mini golf, arcade games, and tickets for rides at funland
I hope to see you all there! Please comment with any questions, and I will be happy to answer them!