Nick Williams is back again and ready to get you on your feet and dancing! Balboa, a Southern California original dance dating back as early as the 1920s, is still a popular dance today. Traditionally Balboa is danced in a close embrace due to the overcrowded ballrooms of it’s time but has evolved into different variations. In this workshop Nick will show you classic Balboa and Bal-Swing variations!
No partner needed!
Class Schedule (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM)
• 12:00 PM Registration / Check-in
• 12:15 PM Musical Ad-libs: Explore the realm of musicality through the use of Pure Balboa ad-lib steps.
• 1:00 PM Rhythm is our Business: Embrace rhythm changes in Bal-Swing to make your dancing both musical and dynamic.
• 1:45 PM Lunch / Pizza Party
• 2:30 PM Language of Lollies: Getting bored with never ending lolly kicks? Let's spice things up a bit.
• 3:15 PM Salt n Peppa: Learn the ever so popular and pleasing "Shoop de doop" move.
The whole workshop is $50 or 5 punches from your Punch Card if you pre-register by 5/29/15. Or $60 at the door. Register in person or online now: http://atomicballroom.com/calendar/special-events/intadv-balboa-swing-workshop.php
Punch Cards can only be used if you pre-register.
Apologies, but Groupon, LivingSocial, and Savelocal deals are not valid for workshops.