Houston Performance Driving will be hosting it's famous South Coast Fun Run to Galveston Island. The date will be Sunday May 24th, 2015. Come join some of some of the fastest from the "Power City" in a fun filled, high energy cruise along the Texas Gulf Coast to historic Galveston Island. HPD is all about high performance cars, trucks, and bikes! We are looking to have a solid group of enthusiasts that can have fun, and still be safe. This will be one of the best cruises you will take all year long. If you have been on an HPD S.C.F.R. to Galveston in the past. You know it's BALLS DEEP!
I. South Coast Cruise Outline:
- North Side Meet Location: Roll in @ 9AM w/ roll out @ 10:30AM. The location is 71 Esplanade Suite 100 Houston, TX 77060.
- South Side Meet Location: Roll in @ 11AM w/ roll out @ Noon. The location will be the Pearland Medical Plaza is 10970 Shadow Creek Parkway, Pearland, TX 77584. Take the McHard Rd exit, the complex will be on your right.
- Safety Briefing: 15 minutes before roll out the HPD Staff will host a safety briefing on the South Coast Fun Run. It will be important for anyone going on the cruise to hear. This will be a 110% SAFE cruise. Please be SAFE, be SMART, and stay SHARP!!
- Roll Out: Will be @ Noon!
- San Luis Pass Toll Bridge: HPD has a system that will get +300 cars through the toll bridge in 15 minutes. Tolls are $2 for each ride. The system will be explained at the south side meet location. This system has worked many times for us in the past with zero issues. Please have $2 cash, this toll bridge is not a E-Z Tag controlled crossing. Your Harris County E-Z Tag will NOT work.
- Cherry Hill: Once across the bridge we will roll to the end of Seawall Blvd. Head all the way to the end and make a U-Turn. Parked uniformed along the sloped wall known has Cherry Hill. Regroup and then roll out 1 hour later.
II. Route Guide:
- Roll out @ 11:00AM from Pearland Medical Plaza.
- Enter 288 South to Lake Jackson.
- 332 E. to Surfside Beach.
- Turn EAST onto the Bluewater highway Country Rd 257.
- STOP @ Cherry Hill on Galveston Island.
III. Cruise Gear:
- 2 way walkie.
- Full tank of fuel.
- ID, updated inspection, and registration.
- HPD T-Shirt or Polo.
- Directions print out.
- Sunglasses, sunblock, or hat.
- Vid/Pic Camera.
- SeXXXy female copilot.
- Toll bridge $2.
- Lunch $$$.
- Positive attitude.
IV. Cruise Safety:
Ladies and Gentlemen. This will be a 110% SAFE Fun Run to the Galveston. There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for anyone driving unsafe. If you are reported for being unsafe and causing danger to others. You will be talked to 1 on 1 privately. If it happens again, you will be asked to leave. We have all spent tons of $$$ and wrench time on our rides. Lets NOT mess them up because one "show-off" was trying to be cool.
- Do NOT drive outside of your ability.
- Do NOT show-off unsafely.
- Do NOT tailgate others.
- Do NOT shoulder pass.
- Control your passengers.
- Use signals.
- Wear seat belts.
- Keep the N20 bottles closed and the boost on low.
- Use your head.
V. Media and Event Coverage:
- Performance Driving Network will be filming the event and all the cruise action. PDN has the 3rd largest automotive YouTube channel. PDN will be running around sticking cameras on cars. If you see their staff with cameras, you maybe asked to be a camera car. Help us create one hell of a vid. They will also be staged along the cruise route to get some unique footage.
VI. Coordinator Contact Information:
- Question or Concerns: Please contact Troy Dixon (xtc4us) on the HPD Forum or email HPDTDixon@gmail.com. Someone will get back with you ASAP.
Troy - HPD Staff.