For the second year, we are excited to be entering a team in the HBF Run for a Reason to be held on the 24th May 2015. There are three distances that you can walk, jog or run:
- Half Marathon 21.1km (no walking category available)
- Ramsay Health Care 12km
- Ramsay Health Care 4km
Over five years, the event has raised more than $4.2 million for over 100 local health charities. Tiny Sparks WA is one of those charities. Last year, our team raised a fantastic $3,310. In 2015, we have set our goal higher, to raise $6,000. Can you help us fundraise to provide the following to our community in Western Australia?
- $1,250 on printing and postage for 1,000 copies of an information booklet 'Hope - A guide to surviving bed-rest'. These will be distributed to maternity hospitals and obstetricians across the state.
- $500 will cover the cost of running free monthly workshops for the year.
- $2,250 will provide 50 NICU care packages for parents of babies born very prematurely.
- $2,000 will providing 67 bed-rest care packages to mothers who unexpectedly find themselves in hospital on bed-rest in the second trimester/early third trimester period of their pregnancy, due to complications or risk factors associated with their pregnancy.
To join our team:
1. Head to the HBF Run for a Reason registration site here
2. Tick the box 'I'm a Participant'
3. Tick the box 'Yes' to the question 'Are you part of a Team?' and click the green button 'Continue'
4. Type 'Team Tiny Sparks WA' under the 'Team Name'
5. Click the green button next to our team listing 'Join'
6. Reconfirm by clicking the blue button 'Join'
7. Enter your 'Participant Details' and click the green button 'Continue'
8. Select your distance and click the green button 'Continue'. Note that last year, we had supporters participating in all distances and met up at the end.
9. Select the shirt size (if you register by Saturday the 28th February, your name can be printed on your event bib).
10. Complete the 'Additional Questions' and 'Event Pack' details.
11. We would love you to create a 'Fundraising Page' by clicking yes and selecting 'Tiny Sparks WA'. Note that this is not obligatory to be part of the team, however, if you raise more then $50 on your fundraising page, we will give you a sports cap and water bottle as a thank you. Click the green button 'Continue'.
12. Select merchandise as you wish and click the green button 'Continue'. Note that this is at your own cost.
13. Continue through with the rest of the details, including payment of the entrance fee which is to be met by you.