Cabernet Sauvignon is by far the most widely planted red grape in the world - and with good reason. The most famous wines from Bordeaux, America, "super Tuscans" are made from Cabernet. In this series of Tastings and Masterclass, we'll travel the globe and sample Cabernets from Bordeaux, America, Italy, Australia and New Zealand.
Here at United Cellars we are passionate about fine wine and excited to showcase some of the world’s finest examples of Cabernet. The wines that will be showcased will not only allow you sample some of the great icons of the world of wine but also give you the opportunity to compare those of fame to those more boutique and unknown producers.
Your journey will be accompanied with matching seasonal tasting plates in Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth and Brisbane and a sumptuous grazing table will be set at the walkabout style tasting in Sydney to match the wines. Guests will be greeted with Champagne prior to the Masterclass.
Wines from the finest wineries and Chateaux will be tasted including, with more to be announced.
• Cullen 'Diana' 2012 • Grattamacco Bolgheri Rosso Superiore DOC 2011
• Yarra Yering Dry Red No.1 2012 • Linnaea Vineyards 'Napa Valley' Cabernet Sauvignon 2009
• Cloudburst 2012 • Hyde de Villaine ‘Belle Cousine’ 2009
• Te Mata Coleraine 2013 • Chateau Lynch Bages 2010
• Tenuta San Guido 'Sassicaia' 2011 • Chateau Montrose 2010
• Tenuta Dell Ornellaia ’Ornellaia' 2011 • Chateau Haut Bergey 2010
** Vintages may change prior to event