Head Judge: Rhys Bainbridge
Floor Judge: Cydney Oliver
Entry: £6 per player. Booster on the door per player, one booster into prize pool per player. Top 3rd prize distribution.
• Swiss rounds - 50 minutes per round
• Playoff matches will have no time limit
• Number of Swiss rounds based on attendance according to the following chart:
Attendance Swiss rounds Playoff
8 3 Single-Elimination Rounds
9 - 16 (Constructed) 5 Rounds Top 4
17 – 32 5 Rounds Top 8
33 – 64 6 Rounds Top 8
65 – 128 7 Rounds Top 8
129 – 226 8 Rounds Top 8
227 – 409 9 Rounds Top 8
410 or higher 10 Rounds Top 8
• All players may participate in all Swiss rounds.
• The top players after the final Swiss round will advance to the single-elimination playoff. The number of players that advanced to the playoff is based on the number of players in the event (see chart above).
• Playoff matches will be best 2 of 3.
• Playoff matches will be single-elimination.
• Playoff matches will have no time limit.
• Standings after the Swiss rounds will be used to determine final order in the standings for losing players in the quarter- and semi-final playoff rounds.
• Planeswalker Points Multiplier - 3x
• REL - Competitive
• The Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and the Magic: The Gathering Infraction Procedure Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this document. Rules documents can be found in the Magic Document Center.
• Players are responsible for bringing their own method of tracking life totals, card sleeves and appropriate counters or tokens.
• This is a premier Magic tournament. The store owner, organizer, judge(s), and/or scorekeeper(s) of a Grand Prix Trial are not permitted to play in the tournament.
• Winner receives a two-round bye at the appropriate Grand Prix.
• Other prizes are determined by the organizer of the event.
Please contact your Wizards Retail Support representative if you have any questions about Grand Prix Trials.