This day is divided equally into a practical skills session and a presentation discussion
Practical: Achieving ‘A’ Grade GCSE whilst supporting all learners- Meat and Fish
- Improve higher level practical skills, styling and presentation so that your students gain better marks in GCSE controlled assessment tasks
- develop teaching strategies and techniques
- understand practical mark schemes and expected skill levels
- selecting and using commodities to achieve higher grade boundaries
- Tracking and monitoring achievement
Presentation: Where is the subject heading at KS3 and KS4?
- Understand the impact of the School Food Plan, new OFSTED requirements, compulsory D&T Cooking and Nutrition. Is it all about health?
- Managing GCSE changes – Explore new GCSE and other qualifications for 2016,
- Plan schemes of work for the future, develop assessment and teaching strategies
- Designing in food – what does this really mean?