Come one come all to the Ward Museum's
FESTIVAL OF DELMARVALOUS TRADITIONS!!
Inspired by the upcoming exhibit, “The Art of Sporting and Playing,” the Ward Museum is bringing together the best of regional carnivals and festivals in this one-of-a-kind event!
People from communities and places featured in the new exhibit will be at the museum with samples of their traditions. This includes unique food, games, and other family-friendly activities.
What will you see or do there??
- Experience Chincoteague Pony Drill Team shows
- Play games
- Compete in a Watermelon Seed-spitting contest
- Watch a Smith Islander make Maryland’s State Dessert (the Smith Island Cake)
- Try your hand at a mini trebuchet, Punkin Chunkin style
- Meet a national champion muskrat skinner
- Hone your BB gun skills under the watchful eye of the National Wild Turkey Federation
- Have fun in a bouncy house
- Eat local food like Maryland-style crab cakes
- Visit our galleries for free
- And more!
In the spirit of the Museum’s spring exhibit “The Tradition and Sport of Falconry,” LIVE RAPTORS will also be on hand from 10 a.m. - noon, and children and teens will have the opportunity to sketch these live models with the help of a local artist.
FREE ADMISSION to the festival and galleries!
Visit www.wardmuseum.org or call 410-742-4988 for more information on this event!