We may go back to one big weekend after all, unless overwhelming want to try both again? I know I enjoyed searching one weekend and selling the other.
We're winding down summer and school is closing in. If anyone cares to sell here in this event invite, please do! Spam is deleted though, and please remove post entirely when sale is complete.
Maybe we could have a winter swap or something?
To be continued!
"Ferndale Garage Sale" is an event invite I kept going from last year. Below is the new concept. Homes wishing to participate East of Woodward in Ferndale one weekend, and West of Woodward another. Hoping this will be a fun shopping experience with friends and neighbors!
WEST SIDE! Saturday, July 11th
**(Updated on a rainy June 27th)
An unofficial (resident rallied/unsponsored) city-wide garage sale, for purging, profit and neighbor participation!
In 2014 over 75 families participated. In 2015 with one rain date implemented, two sides of town had sales!
Let's break the record over these two weekends!
This event invite is public.
Participants are encouraged to:
* Make and manage your own Craigslist posting and somewhere embed "Ferndale Garage Sale East side (or West side)" and the proper dates of your sale, for guests to easily search the title and perhaps embed the link to this RSVP so more people can "join" and see live posts, pics, deals and steals during your sale.
* Feel free to post your address and photos in this RSVP but obviously know this is a public forum and operate within your own boundaries of safety and caution.
* Signage: Always tricky. The city has and will take signage down that is on city property. Expect it to happen. Craigslist and posting here, and on your own private FB pages is a great way to get traffic.
Reach out to your own neighbors and get a house count. Promote block or multi-family sales to boost your traffic!
* PERMITS: Are NOT required in the city of Ferndale.
* East Siders and people that have traffic/ construction concerns. Be sure to promote alternate routes if needed to get to your house.
* SHOPPERS! Consider this the ultimate bike-friendly event. You can cover a lot more territory in a quicker amount of time!
* One last tip: At my sales I never "hold" unpaid items. I let people pay for them and return for pick up though. Last year my sale went until 4pm but offered post-sale pick ups as late as 5:30.
I hope everyone selling and shopping have a great time!
Keep the ideas and feedback coming, too!
Who knows, maybe in the future we could collaborate on a location vs individual homes.