Saturday 23rd and Monday 25th May 2015
Venue: Carrick Road Estuary, Near Falmouth Cornwall
Trip: 2.5-days of pottering around Carrick Road. There are pubs at Restronguet, Devoran and Malpas and a great café at Mylor. No shuttles required as we start and finish in the same place.
Grade: Ability to paddle open water
Where conditions dictate may need to paddle tandem
Leader: Sara Withall
Camp Site http://www.tregunwithfarm.com/
A NUMBER OF PITCHES HAVE BEEN PRE-BOOKED
Launching from: Mylor Quay (Harbour) grid ref 821353 (OS Explorer 105 Falmouth & Mevagissey)
Mylor Café does some rather nice food if you fancy breakfast or other healthy options
Parking: On the Quay £5 for the day
Finish Time: To be agreed on the day but circa 10:00 to 15:00 or 16:00.
What you need to take:
For the trip
• Canoe, paddle, buoyancy aid, buoyancy in canoe.
• Waterproof paddling gear
• Suitable paddling clothing.
• Hat, Suntan lotion
• Helmet’s if preferred
• Spare clothes in a waterproof bag (in case you fall in); double bin bags if you haven’t got a dry bag.
• Hot/cold drink (at least 1 litre each). Packed lunch/afternoon tea and snacks for journey.
Stuff to take only if you have it:
• First aid kit, survival bag, mobile phone, and tow lines, throw lines.
Saturday explore the River Fal. If time permits visit pub at Malpas or Restronguet
Sunday explore Restronguet creek If time permits visit pub at Devoran
Monday: Easy paddle and lunch returning early afternoon
• Please keep me informed if decide not to participate: email firstname.lastname@example.org or 07817224039.
• Itinerary subject to change pending on weather.
Cost per person £25 – Includes camping fees