Comic Quest Star Wars X-Wing current League will run until March 12.
Here are the rules for League at this time..
1. It will last 6 weeks.
2. The pairings will not be predetermined and will consist of whoever is available; repeats might happen but should be avoided when possible.
3. Free prize support will be sought, but there might be a low entry fee to cover the rewards.
4. Fantasy Flight’s Official league/tournament kit will most likely be the rewards. Also several smaller prizes will be sought instead of 1 grand prize.
5. At the conclusion of the league the selection of Prizes will be given to the person with the most points then in decreasing points order. The Top 3 point earners need not be present to claim a prize if they’ve communicated their selection to me. The rest of the participants will need to be present to claim a prize. For example: If the 4th and 5th placed person are not present on the day the prizes are awarded the 6th place person will select what they want.
6. Points will be earned in the following ways: a. 1 point for showing up on a Thursday b. 1 point for winning a bout. c. 1 point for recruiting (bringing to the store) a new player to the game. d. 1 additional point for playing a game where the rules are being taught (and you’re nice to the newbie while teaching.) e. 1 point for playing a game at an off-site location with a League member. f. 1 point for winning the bout at an off-site location with a League member. g. Points CAN be earned by repeatedly playing the same opponent. (The regular attendees will get credit if they have to play each other multiple times, but this should be avoided when possible.)
7. Points are NOT earned for the following: a. Playing against League members at a tournament or other special event. b. Playing at an off-site location with non-League members. c. Playing games with family members who are also League members multiple times. (Once is encouraged, but multiple times, nightly for example, will not count.) d. Non-standard games. (No epic format, must be 100 points bouts)
8. No gifting of points or trading will be allowed.
9. An email needs to be sent to me about wins and participation within 3 days in order for the points to count. 10. I will include in the email I send out the points totals and try to post something on Comic Quest’s bulletin board as well.
***League meets on Thursday from 6:00pm to 9:0pm and Sunday from 12:00pm noon to 6:00pm (Please end games a little early so play areas can be cleaned up)
At the end of this 6 weeks on March 12 we will meet and decide what our rules will be for the next League Season.
Thank you and feel free to ask questions