When: May 24th 2015 (Sunday) to May 30th 2015 (Saturday)
Where: Washington D.C. to Pittsburgh PA along the C&O Canal and Great Allegheny Passage Trails
Purpose: Fundraising for the Bethany Outreach Center, Fellowship with Fellow Cyclists, and Exercise in God’s Good Creation
Mission Statement of the Bethany Outreach Center: The Bethany Outreach Center is a volunteer driven Christian organization, rooted in Erie’s east side, reaching out to ALL people who need a hand up and hope for life change. Our broad based ministries address the material, vocational and spiritual needs for people on the edge. Bethany Outreach is located in an area of high poverty in downtown Erie at The Neighborhood Partnership Center, 254 East Tenth Street.
• Day 1 Travel to D.C. by Car
• Day 2 (63mi) - DC, Great Falls, Harpers Ferry
• Day 3 (58-64mi) - Antietam Battlefield; Fort Frederick SP; Western MD Rail Trail
• Day 4 (58-64mi) - Paw Paw Tunnel, Cumberland
• Day 5 (62mi) - Cumberland; Frostburg; Mason-Dixon Line; Big Savage Tunnel;
• Day 6 (60 mi) - Ohiopyle
• Day 7 (28 mi): Pittsburgh
Lunch at Hofbräuhaus brewpub (on trail about 1/2 mile from end); Return
Home Saturday Afternoon by Car
If you are not able to bike all the days, there will be an option to bike the days you choose, as there will be scheduled stops with set locations.
Interested in Cycling or More Information?
Contact Bill Coleman at:
814-454-0106 #227 (or) firstname.lastname@example.org