– Comforting Touch for Birth Doulas –
A class for the birth doula, of any experience level who wants to add more skillful touch to her bag of tricks!
If you’re looking for additional ways to tend your clients in birth and want to grow your skill-set to include massage level skills without the 2 year massage therapy training this is a great place to start. We will cover the where, when & how for a variety of hands-on techniques you can use immediately to support your clients.
In this 4 hour class (now approved for 4 DONA contact hours) you will:
· Gain awareness of the core principles that can make your touch provide satisfying comfort and even pleasure to your clients in labor.
· Learn a substantial number of concrete techniques to apply during labor to bring comfort, both during and between contractions to help ease hip and back pain as well as general muscular tension.
· Learn key acupressure points to assist in labor.
· Have the opportunity to practice these techniques on your colleagues and to receive individual feedback from an experienced massage therapist, as well as get in a little self-care by being practiced on!
· Leave feeling more confident about using touch to comfort and support your clients.
· And be able to leverage these new and highly applicable skills to help expand your doula practice.
Sunday May 17th, 2015
Location: The Spectrum Center
8555 16th Street, Suite 402, Silver Spring, MD
Investment: $125, Payment plan options.
Testimonial: "I was one of the fortunate people that took both workshop I & II with Yiska and if you're thinking about it....do it! I have honestly used at least one, if not several, of the techniques I learned from Yiska at every birth since the workshops. Yiska is excellent at demonstrating each skill, providing a nurturing space in which to practice and giving excellent feedback to improve your technique. Completely worth the investment! Plus, it was a heck of a lot of fun!!" Erica St Lawrence, Doula, NYC
Since each workshop is experiential and we want everyone to receive a sufficient amount of personal attention, class sizes are limited to 10 participants each, so register asap to reserve your spot!
Our cancellation policy: "If class is cancelled for any reason, namely to attend a birth, you will be given the option of a refund or the chance to apply this fee to a makeup date. If you must miss class due to a birth, your payment will be applied to the next workshop date you are able to attend."
No supplies or experience required. Please cut your nails, dress in loose fitting pants and wear a sports bra for the practice sessions.
Contact Yiska Obadia at email@example.com or 914-450-6692 to register. Visit www.yiskaobadia.com to learn more about the instructor.