The Central Jersey Stream Team is very excited to announce plans for our first IN-river event of 2015! We will be collaborating with the Raritan & Millstone Rivers Flood Control Commission to clean a roughly 1 mile long stretch of the Raritan River centered around Dukes Parkway Park in Manville and across the river in Bridgewater NJ. This marks the furthest downstream CJST has ever ventured after having cleaned from Clinton all the way down to Raritan Borough over the last two years.
As we head downstream our task doesn't get easier...and we need YOUR help to restore this beautiful stretch of river!
CJST is looking for all kinds of volunteers for this event. We will have a team IN the river as per CJST tradition...but we also need some big land teams to make this event a success. So upon registration/rsvp please let us know if you have a preference to which team you would like to volunteer for:
1. The IN-river team--you will get very very wet.
2. The Land Team--you won't get wet but you might get dirty!
Please note that registration/rsvp is important so that we know what kind and how many supplies and refreshments to bring and set up. Especially life jackets if you'd like to wear one for the IN-river team.
1. Bring along a friend or family member or 5! It's going to be a really fun and great day! The more junk we find the more rewarding the experience! Meetup is from 8:30 to 9:00 am at Duke Parkway Park in Manville NJ.
2. If you are in the river be prepared to get WET...and DIRTY! So dress accordingly. Wear footwear and clothing you don't mind getting wet and dirty. And if you have a canoe that you'd like to bring along please feel free and let us know...the more cargo space the better!
3. If you are on a land team wear footwear and clothing you don't mind getting a little to very dirty...depending on what you might find...and how deep it's buried.
CJST will provide the rest!
Garbage bags, work gloves, tools, life jackets, breakfast and water for volunteers.
Now for the other fun part of the day...
The Flood Commission will have a Live Rescue Drill by the Manville/Hillsborough OEM team at 1:00 and there will be many other fire fighter and environmental displays for volunteers to check out!
And afterwards if you want to keep on cleaning with CJST we'll be ready for you!
See you out on the river!