Join LOCAL at Mustang Brewing Company on May 9th for a #CraftBeerBlockParty and Chili Cookoff fundraiser! There will be up to 30 competitors, all cooking great chili to taste and vote on, plus Mustang Beer available by the pint and growler! Individual and team competitors are welcome, plus up to 250 folks to party with us and taste the chili! Live music, games, local food vendors, & more. Noon-6PM with Chili tasting beginning at 3:30pm.
Tickets for Competitors or Teams are $35 and include a growler of Tractor Therapy IPA, and you keep the growler!
Tickets for Attendees and tasters are $5 and include all the chili you can eat and pints and growlers for sale of these great Mustang Beers:
Tractor Therapy IPA
Strawshitaw Strawberry Wheat
Udderly Awesome Peanut Butter Milk Stout.
You must be 21 or over to attend.
Sign up to compete or attend here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/craft-beer-block-party-local-chili-cook-off-tickets-16374080315
All judging will be popular judging and prizes will be Crowd Favorite, 2nd, 3rd, and Hottest Chili
Judging will be done by ticket deposit at each table
There will be other contests as well:
50/50: Tickets are $1 each or 6 tickets for $5. Drawings will be at 2pm and 4pm. Winner of the drawing gets 50% of the proceeds from ticket sales!
Jalapeno Eating Contest 2:30pm: Can you handle hot food? $5 contest entry gets you a plate of pickled jalapeno peppers. Winner gets half of the collected entry fees!
• You may eat only one pepper during the first minute. You must then eat as many as you can during the next two minutes, one pepper at a time.
• Peppers must be eaten down to within 1/4 inch of the cap to be counted, seeds included.
• You will not be allowed any other foods or beverage during the contest.
• You will be disqualified should you be unable to keep peppers down.
• You cannot coat the inside of your mouth with any kind of protective coating. Anyone caught doing so will be disqualified.
• The winner will be determined by the number of stems on the contestant’s plate after time has been called. You will be allowed to finish any pepper remaining in your mouth when time is called. Should there be a tie, contestants will be given an additional serving of peppers to eat in another minute.
Chili Cookoff Rules:
Mustang Brewing Company will provide each Competitor or Team a growler of Tractor Therapy IPA as part of the entry ticket. All chili cooked must contain some or all of the Tractor Therapy IPA provided by Mustang Brewing Company as part of the competitor entry fee.
Each Competitor will be required to cook a minimum of 2 gallons of chili but you can make as much as you'd like.
A Competitor or Team may cook 1 chili recipe
A Competitor or Team may cook any type of chili they prefer: red chili, chili verde, turkey, chicken, or other meats are allowed. Vegetarian chili is allowed. Beans area allowed but no pasta. No garnish is allowed.
All chili must be cooked on site - Competitor set up is at 11:30am.
No ingredient may be pre-cooked in any way prior to the official cookoff. The only exceptions are canned or bottled tomatoes, tomato sauce, peppers, pepper sauce, beverages, broth and grinding and/or mixing of spices. Meat may be treated, pre-cut or ground. MEAT MAY NOT BE PRE-COOKED, in any manner.
Vegetable ingredients may be chopped prior to the event or purchased already chopped.
Chili must be ready for tasting by 3 pm.
Tasting cups and spoons will be provided.
No outside alcohol. All alcohol must be purchased from Mustang Brewing Company on site. Mustang growlers may be refilled.
#SupportLocal #CraftBeerBlockParty #FreeTheTaps