Take care of your bike... And your bike will take care of you!
Wondering how? Don't worry, we'll teach you... If you are at IIT-Bombay, come find out...
What: C4C Grimy Hands Workshop 101 - Basics of Bicycle Maintenance
[Exclusively for IITB Cycling Club]
When: Wednesday, 20th May, 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Where: SAC, IIT-Bombay
What you will learn:
1. Keeping your bicycle ride-ready:
- Cleaning your bike
- Degreasing and cleaning the drive-train
- Brake adjustment
- Saddle adjustment
- Spares and tools to carry on a ride.
2. Emergency repairs (during a ride):
- Removing the wheels
- Changing the tubes
- Repairing punctures
3. Riding Right:
- Choosing the right bike,
- Identifying the correct bike size
- Setting the saddle height
- Correct cycling posture
- Basics of nutrition and hydration
- Ride safety - gears
- Safe riding - tips
4. The WWW (wonderful wide world) of Cycling:
- Types of cycling rides and events
- Selecting the right event/s
- Training / Preparation for events
This is a "C4C Tool School" venture, so bring your basic tool kits along... You'll need tyre levers, puncture repair kit (puncture patches, rubber solution, "# 0" sandpaper), allen key set (at least sizes 4 and 5), spanner (size 15, or adjustable head)
And as the name indicates, you are actually going to get your hands grimy; this is not a "demo", so come prepared!
If you wish to purchase a basic tool kit and / or other cycling accessories, please contact Nihal Ahamad Baig or Pranav Kumar Iyer at IITB Cycling Club...
For any other queries about the workshop, call Anil Uchil on 9820636364...