When: May 16th, 11am‐5pm (a drop‐in, “help‐as‐you‐can” kind of day!)
Who: The Bayview Bike Park Spring Clean‐Up is coordinated by Revolution(s), a program of Youth Unlimited (Toronto YFC).
Revolution(s) is excited to partner with the City of Toronto, Silent Sports, Northview Heights Secondary School, Starbucks, Joyride150, the Willowdale Collaboration Network (an association of churches, child & youth organizations, and businesses in Willowdale), Tyndale University College and Seminary, Ontario Bike Park Construction, City Councilor David Shiner, and Willowdale’s Member of Parliament Chungsen Leung to provide the Bayview Bike Park with a much needed Spring Clean‐Up on MAY 16th 2015!
Why: The Bayview Bike Park is an important recreational landmark in the area of North York. As the only outdoor dirt bike park in North York, it is vital to maintain this unique activity center so that it can continue to provide the youth and families of Willowdale with access to healthy cycling opportunities.
Revolution(s) wants to engage the community of Willowdale for a FOURTH year by developing ownership for the Bayview Bike Park from within the community itself.
What: We will foster community ownership for the Bayview Bike Park when we
• Re-shape dirt piles into well-defined jumps
• Clear grass and foliage from riding surfaces
• Water the jumps and track so that it can then harden into shape
• Pick up any garbage and remove debris
• Discussion of why stewardship of the bike park creates a healthier environment in the Newtonbrook Ravine
• A free BBQ lunch will be provided for all participants
• High school students can receive community service hours
• Silent Sports is providing awards to volunteers who give three or more hours
Goal: 100 volunteers!
If interested in this project then please contact:
Jesse James: 647‐835‐8062, or at firstname.lastname@example.org