Bake Sale Begins on Saturday, May 30th, 2015
at the Courtland Arts Center from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM
All money raised will go toward the Pike Valley Summer Baseball youth program!
There will be five divisions in which to compete:
Cookies/Bars – Cakes – Pies – Breads – Candies/Snacks
An assortment of prizes are available to the treats that hit one out of the park:
A full refurbished set of Castle Bay golf clubs with golf balls and tees valued at $150 from Gile Insurance, Scandia
A $100 gift basket and makeover from Mary Kay consultant, Christy Newman
“Baseball’s Best of Show” will be chosen from the first place winners in each division and will win a $100 gift card to The Cantina, Courtland
Contestants may enter into as many categories as they’d like as long as the recipe has not won a category in previous years.
1. Entered items must be accompanied by the recipe with a 4” x 6” card and must be typed or legibly printed. The recipe must be complete showing all ingredients used and the method of preparation. Name and complete address, email and phone number of exhibitor must appear on the reverse side of the card or be attached.
2. With each entry, a portion must be separated sizable enough for three judges to sample, and be labeled with the contestants name, phone number and name of baked item as listed on submitted recipe card. The remainder of the baked item needs to be sealed and packaged to be kindly donated to the Pike Valley Summer Baseball Bake Sale!
3. All entered items must be submitted in sealed, disposable containers or placed in a sealed plastic bag or the entered item(s) will be disqualified.
4. Judging will be based on Flavor (75%) and General Appearance (25%).
5. Items can be dropped off from ?-? pm on Friday, May 29th or from 8-8:30 AM on Saturday, May 30th. Judging will begin following the delivery deadline at 9 AM.
Baked goods may also be donated for sale and not be entered into the competition.
Thank you to the Courtland Arts Center for providing the location for this fun event!