Hiking-with-Friends would like you to join us as we trek up to San Jacinto Peak via Marion Mountain on Saturday, May 16th, 2015.
DATE: Saturday, May 16th, 2015
COORDINATORS: Ricardo Cruz, Maglory Maza, & Gianni Manzano
MEET-UP TIME: 5:00am
HIKE TIME: 6:00am - 4:00pm (Approx.)
HIKE DURATION: 10hrs
HIKE LENGTH: 12 miles
LEVEL: Advance 3
Advanced 3 hikes are 14+ miles in length or have an elevation gain of 4000ft to 5000ft.
Beaumont Walmart Supercenter
1540 E 2Nd St
Beaumont CA , 92223
*You will need an Adventure Pass for parking.
A WATER CHECK WILL BE PERFORMED:
If you do not take enough water or are not appropriately equipped for this hike, you will be turned away from doing this hike with us even if you show up.
1) 3 Liters of water
2) 2 Liters of Gatorade or something equivalent to it
3) Comfortable hiking boots
4) Lots of good snacks. (Bananas included)
5) A good lunch.
- Long Sleeve Shirt
- Trekking Poles
- Sun block
- First-Aid Kit
NOTES FROM THE HIKE COORDINATOR:
-If you have plans on splitting from the group, please don’t attend this hike.
-If you have time constraints, please don’t attend this hike.
-Pack lots of water for this longer trail
-It’s a strenuous hike.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE WITH THE GROUP ON THIS HIKE:
1. Read the Hike’s Details we link at the very top of this page.
2. Make sure that the Hike Level accommodates your hiking experience.
3. If, and only if it suits you, then RSVP for this event and show up the day of the hike with all necessary gear and water (we mention everything you need on the details page for this hike).
* Advanced hikes are offered on an invite-only basis. Come hike on any of the other hikes and tell the hike coordinators about your interest in hiking with the Advance Group.*
MY FRIEND SAID I COULD DO THIS HIKE; I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT, RIGHT:
Contrary to popular belief, you know your body and hiking experience better than your friends. Whether you are a first-timer or an experienced hiker, please read our hike details page, as the hike may not suite your experience level. We will have a better experience if every hike has hikers of the intended level.
Hiking-with-Friends, coordinator, participants do not take responsibility for any harm, bodily injury, accidents, or damage to personal property. By clicking “Attending,” or attending the hike, you confirming that you understand that all outdoor activity such as hiking, backpacking, and trekking have an associated danger, and will not hold any coordinator, Hiking-with-Friends, or any group associated responsible for any hazard to your well being. Additionally, you will not be allowed to participate with the group if you are not adequately prepared with enough water and the right gear, equipment, nutrition essential to complete the hike. You are fully responsible for yourself!