Pilgrims have visited the conical mountain for well over 1000 years from Srilankan royalty to world famous explorers like Marco Polo, Alexander the Great & Ibn Battutah. He (IB) wrote the below in his journal;
"We saw it from the sea when we were nine day's journey away, & when we climbed it we saw the clouds below us, shutting out our view of base.
There are two tracks on the mountain leading to the Foot, one used to be called Baba track & the other the Mama track, meaning Adam & Eve. The Mama track is easy & is the route by which the pilgrims return, but anyone who climbs by that way is not considered to have made the pilgrimage at all. The Baba track is difficult & stiff climbing. Former generations cut a sort of stairway on the mountain, & are fixed iron stanchions on it, to which they attached chains for climbers to hold on by. One such chain is the "Chain of the Profession of Faith", so called because when one reaches it & looks down to the foot of the hill, he is seized by apprehensions & recites the profession of faith for fear of falling”.
This expedition will be a challenge for most as it is done off-season & as a night hike. The Expedition team will set of at 6pm via Adams Trail. On this trail every 1.5km rest stops or Ambalama's are present. All rest stops have basic toilet facilities, which would act as our base camps until the final push up to the summit. Total elevation gain is at 2000m, aprox 9km with 13,000 steps. An interesting feature, the access trail cuts through the Peak Wilderness Sanctuary home to the last remaining mountain elephant heard, leopards amongst many other animals. After sunrise, the expedition party will descend via Eve’s Trail. Lunch and showers facilities available at River View Inn.
Taking part in this challenge automatically qualifies one to enter the 2000m Peaks Club of SL.
A host Adventure specialist (Trained in basic first aid) will guide and ensure safety & security for the participants. The team will be equipped with medical kits, amongst other survival & necessary gear for this expedition.
What is included?
AC return transport from Colombo. Evening Tea or Coffee, Early Dinner snack & day 2 Lunch, Complimentary Shower facilities and changing room for the group at the end of the program. LED headlamp with 5 illuminating settings, Entry into the Paleo Bio diversity museum, Ratnapura. Pair of Leach proof socks, Quick Dry towel.
Rs 17,500 - pp for MOS Expedition participants.
Your highlights & achievements on this expedition;
• Conquering the fourth highest peak of Sri Lanka at 2243 m or 7359 ft.
• Overcoming Off season challenges.
• Only 2000-meter hike in Srilanka.
• Experiencing 2 different trails in one hike(Adams & Eve)
• Opportunity to learn the history, interesting facts & stories about “The Mountain of Serendib”
• Access to the only Paleo Bio diversity museum in Srilanka.
Register early to avoid disappointment. Max 15 guest only.
Terms and Conditions:
1) Tour package includes meals and others as mentioned.
2) Acceptance of bookings will be strictly on availability and limited to Max 15 and Min 5 to commence. In the event we are unable to operate, a full refund will be given.
3) Payments have to be made in full on registration.
4) In the event of cancellation 7 days prior to the actual date of tour, only 50% of payment will be refunded. Where cancellations are made less than 5 days prior to the actual date of tour, no refunds will be made.
6) The safety of all guests while on tour/expedition is of utmost importance to us. All guests must agree to strictly abide by all instructions and directions given while on tour by any personal of Little Adventures for the entire duration of the tour.
Limitations of Liability:
1) Little adventures or it's partners does not accept any liability for the cancellation of any tours due to any unforeseen event or due to events of nature.
2) The experienced and well-trained personal would take every precaution to ensure the safety and well-being of all guests on tour as your safety & security is our prime concern. However, Little Adventures, its employees and individuals do not accept any liability for death, injury or illness of guest while on tour caused by any animal, reptile, insect, and events of nature or any type of accident.
3) Little adventures does not accept any liability for the loss or damage of any personal belongings or damage to participant’s vehicles while on tour.
*BY REGISTERING YOU HAVE AGREED TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Yours in Adventure,
E mail – Info@littleadventuressrilanka.com