APWU 19TH ANNUAL OMAHA AREA LOCAL APWU
GOLF TOURNAMENT INFO AND RULES
Tournament date: Sunday, June 7th 2015
TEE OFF: 9 am
Where: Shoreline golf Course, 210 East Locust street, Carter lake, IA 51510
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: June 5, 2015
ELIGIBLE: Any golfer willing to play EXCEPT non-members. Any postal worker eligible to be a member of the APWU and is not cannot play in this tournament. There are absolutely no qualifications for any other member of the team. Though we encourage APWU members to participate, the team may be totally compromised of non-postal employees. There is no difference in fees based on Union membership or postal employment. The tournament is designed to accommodate a minimum of 25 teams/100 players.
1. FLAG PRIZES - There will be a flag prize of $25 for all 18 holes. Only TWO hole prizes per player.
2. DOOR PRIZES - Each player will receive free tickets for
door prizes. The door prizes will be drawn after the tournament. There will be four  Door Prizes drawn for $50 cash.
3. DINNER – New York strip, baked potato, vegetable, salad and cheese cake. Beer and Pop are free during dinner.
FEES & REGISTRATION: There is a form to register the
names of each player on the team. If you are without a team, or have a partial team, you may enter the tournament and be placed with other situated golfers. If unable to be matched, all monies will be promptly returned. Payment is required upon registration. The tournament is shotgun, with all players starting promptly at 9:00 am and lasting through approximately 2:00 pm, relative to the number of participating teams. To request an official registration form please stop by or call
the Union Hall, the steward’s room, or send an email to
email@example.com and one will be sent to you.
PURPOSE: Proceeds from the tournament will be contributed to the Food Bank in Omaha.
TOURNAMENT FEE: Golf & Dinner only $ 70 Dinner only
$ 15. Dinner only option is for non-golfers.
Send checks/cash and registration forms to:
APWU, PO Box 3743, Omaha
Ne 68103, attn: Phil Thomas.
RULES OF PLAY:
1. Play will begin at 9:00 am. Dinner, prizes, presentations
and raffle prizes will immediately follow the tournament in
2. Play will be from the age appropriate tees for men and
3. Texas Scramble Format. Each team member drives from the tee. The team selects the best shot. The position is marked and each player plays the next shot from within
club length of the mark. Subsequent shots are played in
the same manner. Balls cannot be marked closer to the
4. For shots out of the sand traps or the hazards, the ball
may be placed instead of being dropped by all team members.
5. On the putting greens, the best ball is marked and each
member putts from this position. No subsequent stroke
will be played until all members of the same team have
putted from the marked position.
6. Each team may purchase EIGHT  mulligans for $10,
two  mulligans per player. The mulligans can be used
anywhere on the course including the putting greens. The
total amount of mulligans a team is allowed to purchase is
7. Teams with only three players may play an additional
shot representing the fourth player. The team must rotate
the fourth shot between the players.
8. In event of a tie for places within a flight, the winner(s)
will be determined based on the team score posted based
on hole handicaps.