Join us for the 2015 Buffalo Marathon on Sunday, May 24 at 7 a.m.! Enjoy running a full, half or relay marathon around the Queen City. Register now: http://bit.ly/BUFMARREG2015.
Full Marathon Runners: We challenge you to take part in our new Donnelly Challenge by also running in our John Beishline Memorial 5K on Saturday, May 23. It’s a perfect shakeout run! Our late race director, Tom Donnelly, was focused on growing both our 5K and marathon, so we hope that you’ll accept the challenge. Finishers of both races will receive a special Donnelly Challenge pin in the mail after the race!
New for 2015:
- Bigger and better finisher’s medals for our half and full marathoners, and also 5K finishers
- All 26.2 finishers will receive a finisher’s key chain with their finisher's medals at our finish line
- New course: The course for 2015 will be altered slightly to avoid new construction in Buffalo. A new course map will be posted ASAP, and you can view the detour map now so you can see that the changes are minimal: http://www.buffalomarathon.com/fullmarathon
- Partnership with Team Red, White & Blue: Team RWB chapters from around the country will compete against each other in the Stars & Stripes Relay, in which four member teams must complete our 26.2-mile course carrying our nation's flag. Learn more: http://bit.ly/BMTEAMRWB
- A $2,000 prize for anyone who breaks an existing marathon course record, whether it be open or masters! Our current course records are 2:17:16 for the men’s open marathon (Tisia Kiplangat, 2014), 2:42:44 for the women’s open marathon (Elena Orlova, 2009), 2:25:59 for the men’s masters marathon (Jae Yung Hyung, 2012), and 2:43:48 for the women’s masters marathon (Elena Orlova, 2012). Learn more about our awards: http://bit.ly/BMAWARDS
Now in its 15th year, this is a fast, scenic Boston Marathon qualifier, taking you through the best streets, parks and waterways in Buffalo. Runners come for the great course, ideal weather, excellent value and Niagara Falls is only 20 minutes away.
Volunteers are also needed for the Buffalo Marathon! Traffic control, assisting with the post-race party, staffing water stations, helping at the finish line, and working at the pre-race pasta dinner, are among the volunteer tasks. All volunteers will receive an awesome tech shirt! Visit our website for details, and to register to volunteer: http://www.buffalomarathon.com/volunteers