The date for this event is for the Invitational.
To receive an invite, you must have placed either first or second in a qualifying event. Please look at the links below to find a qualifier near you. You are welcome to compete at as many qualifiers as you like.
Qualifier Dates and Locations
March 21, 2015 – Blue/Purple Belt Qualifier (Tulsa, OK)
March 29, 2015 – Blue/Purple Belt Qualifier (Lafayette, LA)
April 11, 2015 – Blue/Purple Belt Qualifier (Dallas, TX)
April 18, 2015 – Blue/Purple Belt Qualifier (Little Rock, AR)
April 25, 2015 – Blue/Purple Belt Qualifier (Houston, TX)
May 16, 2015 – Blue/Purple Belt Invitational (Dallas, TX)
Qualifiers - $40 per competitor
Spectators – $5-10 per person (depends on hosting venue)
- Gi only
- Male and female competitors – Juvenile, Adult, Masters and Seniors all compete in same gender division
- Two weight classes:
Male – 180 lbs and under / 180.1 and up
Female – 140 lbs and under / 140.1 and up
- $40 entry fee for each qualifier. There will be no entry fee for the Invitational.
- Submission only format
- No points
- Advantages only for strong submission attempts
- 10 minute matches
- Single elimination
- AGF ruleset applied based upon rank of event (Blue/Purple)
- In case of a tie, automatic DQ of both competitors
- Day of weigh-ins. You must make weight, or you will not be allowed to compete.
-Automatic bracketed divisions. Based upon the number of competitors, some may receive a first round bye.
-First and Second place finishers receive automatic invitations to the Invitational
-Alternates will be selected from the 3rd place competitors in the qualifying events.
Weigh-ins are on the day of the tournament and are right before you are scheduled to compete. Failure to make weight in the division you registered for, will result in immediate disqualification. No exceptions.
Must be a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gi.
Competitor’s gi can be of any color, however the top and bottom must match.
Male competitors are not allowed to wear a rash guard under their gi.